dsa8864667 is offline Member

Rep's/Sets how many while bulking?

What do you guys recommend for amount of sets and reps if trying to bulk?

pelly789 is offline Member
    id reccomend from 12-18 sets per body part with low reps high weight reps id stick to the 4-8 reps per set 8 being the really high end i personally wouldnt go above 6 reps

Variation and Recovery are the two most important aspects of a solid routine.

Variation: My opinion is that it is more important to change rep ranges form week to week, than it is to change exercises. So, 1 week, do 4-6 reps on all exercises and the next week do 8-12 reps on all exercises. It is never a bad thing to change exercises...I change my exercises occassionally, but, I feel it is more inmportant to change your reps (% of 1rm, intensity).

Recovery: Do less volume on the weeks that you perform exercises in the 4-6 rep range. The closer you are to your 1 R M, the more chance you have of overtraining, due to the increased stress on your CNS.

pelly789 is offline Member
    a b-complex supplement will aid in he a l i n g your CNS quicker if you feel a toll taken on your body thats worse than normal just a thought its off topic tho

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    Variation and Recovery are the two most important aspects of a solid routine.

Variation: My opinion is that it is more important to change rep ranges form week to week, than it is to change exercises. So, 1 week, do 4-6 reps on all exercises and the next week do 8-12 reps on all exercises. It is never a bad thing to change exercises...I change my exercises occassionally, but, I feel it is more inmportant to change your reps (% of 1rm, intensity).

Recovery: Do less volume on the weeks that you perform exercises in the 4-6 rep range. The closer you are to your 1 R M, the more chance you have of overtraining, due to the increased stress on your CNS.
    Very true. I am going to start doing full body three days a week and do:
    Mon 4x5 wed 4x8 fri 3x15

4 compounds
    2 isolated

Then to change it up even more, i will also change when i do them reps. Ex mon 4x8 wed 4x5 fri 3x15 etc

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Hey dsm what do you drive? I have a 95 GSX. Off topic, but just curious.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Here is my baby
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rep's/Sets how many while bulking?-frontdecatur.jpg  

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    When I am bulking I jsut like to do 4-6 sets of one compound movement for each body part, and eat like a ****gin horse! THe mass will follow, Ipromise! I keep the reps low and the wieght low, intensity through the roof!!

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    spound could you pm me or post here what your chest workout looks like? i am looking to gain some much needed mass and what you describe may work for me...thanks bro.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    spound could you pm me or post here what your chest workout looks like? i am looking to gain some much needed mass and what you describe may work for me...thanks bro.
    Well right now, I am using Iron man's HIT, so you cna check that out, I am jsut doing 3 sets of DB slight incline press 2 X's per week at the moment, but when I am splitting up routines, I will hit maybe 3 sets of slight incline DB and then either slight decline, or flat bench with DB's for 3 sets, maybe one more supplementary exercise after that, such as a heavy box fly or soemthing. My chest is definately not a strong point though.

D9S0M is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spound
    Well right now, I am using Iron man's HIT, so you cna check that out, I am jsut doing 3 sets of DB slight incline press 2 X's per week at the moment, but when I am splitting up routines, I will hit maybe 3 sets of slight incline DB and then either slight decline, or flat bench with DB's for 3 sets, maybe one more supplementary exercise after that, such as a heavy box fly or soemthing. My chest is definately not a strong point though.

How do u like the ironman routine so far???

im thinking about giving it a go next week...

NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D9S0M

Where can we find the routine?

D9S0M is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGIANTS21
    Where can we find the routine?
    Various Training Techniques

Post#19

Quote Originally Posted by D9S0M

I am diggin' it. I am finishing up my last week of my first 6 week bulking phase, and I have put on a little over 20lbs. Now I am obivously on gear, but I have never even gained mroe than 18 lbs in a WHOLE CYCLE before, and I gained 22-23lbs in 6 weeks wiht this routine. I figure that's gotta say something. I like only having to train 3 X's per week too, and I am getting stronger than I have ever been before.

with bulking your main objective is size. the largest muscles are the type 2 fibers which require heavier weight, less reps to be most efficiently stimulated. make sure to explode on the way up and be controled on the way down, it gives you the best of both worlds in concentric and eccentric strength along with fatiquing the muscle most efficiently.

dsa8864667 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jugo Buen0
    with bulking your main objective is size. the largest muscles are the type 2 fibers which require heavier weight, less reps to be most efficiently stimulated. make sure to explode on the way up and be controled on the way down, it gives you the best of both worlds in concentric and eccentric strength along with fatiquing the muscle most efficiently.
    Even for legs do less reps?

Thread Information