DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

IS it bad to not have a plan ?

I am use to following a routine from either ...nation or from this site. Well i just decided F all these plans why not just lift and lift heavy. I do 3x full bodies a week.I am just making my rountine right before i go to the gym. It always consists of 4-5 compounds then 1-2 isolated movements. In a weeks time i always work in deads, bent over rows, squats(diff kinds) , deads(different kinds), m press , clean jerks , etc. I am just trying to change up my sets and reps.

thoughts ?

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    For your compounds you may want a 5x5, and your finishing movement 10x10. Maybe you could give that a try. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Do you still log your workouts, even if you don't plan them out?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Papi93
    Do you still log your workouts, even if you don't plan them out?
    I log all my reps and weight. I use then so if week one i did squats at 230 then i know next time i better push that to 235-240 even if its one set. Then the following work out i better get 235-240 for 2 sets, etc.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    I log all my reps and weight. I use then so if week one i did squats at 230 then i know next time i better push that to 235-240 even if its one set. Then the following work out i better get 235-240 for 2 sets, etc.
    That is what is most important, making sure you are performing more work than your previous workout.

I would still recommend planning out your workouts, ahead time.

JJUnleased is offline New Member
    I don't plan my workouts ahead of time, because it never works. Someone is always on the machine Im going to next.

Sometimes I'll do 10 Sets of squats, 10 sets of leg press, or 3-4 sets of Lunches, squats, smith machine squats, hack squats ect.

I'll just go to what every is open, making sure Im pushing reps to failure, and adding in drop sets

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    DSM, if you are keeping track and doing more work it isn't necessarily bad that you don't have a plan. but doing the same exercises and gaining on them for a few weeks would be better i would think. but if it works then keep it up!

Thread Information