Form On Dumbbell Chest Presses

When you guys are doing dumbbell chest presses do you let the dumbbells sit at a 90° angle, explode and let it come back to a 90 degree angle? Or do you do them with a less than 90 degree angle start and finishing point. I always did it with less than 90 degrees because of my shoulder problems, would there be any benefit of doing it the other way? I'm down to try it if so

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Im not sure how you start at 90 and then "exlpode to" 90degrees...but you should probably use the angles and distances that work for you...meaning where you get the stretch and feeling...

I wasnt totally clear on the question though...so let me know if I misinterpreted...

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jugo Buen0
    When you guys are doing dumbbell chest presses do you let the dumbbells sit at a 90° angle, explode and let it come back to a 90 degree angle? Or do you do them with a less than 90 degree angle start and finishing point. I always did it with less than 90 degrees because of my shoulder problems, would there be any benefit of doing it the other way? I'm down to try it if so
    The important thing to consider is the elbow positioning. If your elbows are at 90 degree angles to your torso, you are involving the pecs more in the movement. If the elbows come closer to the torso, you triceps assist more in the movement. The latter you will be able to press more weight.

Thread Information