Thread: Shaping Bisceps

DHew is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Shaping Bisceps

Anyone have any recommendations for giving the outer part of the biscep some shape? The inside of my arms are starting to form great, but the outside needs some work. Its not because im overweight. Im 6'1" 190 13% bodyfat. My bisceps are currently 16 1/2".

narrower grip on either straight bar or EZ bar curls hits the outer head more than the inner head

HOWEVER!! understand that you cannot shape a certain part of the muscle. muscle shape comes with genetics, which, unfortunately, we cant change!

pelly789 is offline Member
    what is your current bicep routine now i would reccomend doing bb curls with a very close grip on the bar that will hit the outer bicep hard you can also do this with preacher curls and maybe try doing some concentration curl to help develop your arms a little bit..but anyway post up your routine im curious to see it thanks bro

Anthony C is offline Associate Member
    I would work alot on hammer curls .You can do incline hammer curls regular hammer curls ,reverse grip curls ect ..AC

DHew is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys. Im pretty sure my genetics are fine, but i guess im not sure.
    what is your current bicep routine now i would reccomend doing bb curls with a very close grip on the bar that will hit the outer bicep hard you can also do this with preacher curls and maybe try doing some concentration curl to help develop your arms a little bit..but anyway post up your routine im curious to see it thanks bro
    I try to alter my bicep routine a lot. I dont want them to get used to doing anything. But ill give you an idea of what I do

Routine 1
    sitting dumbel curls - 3x6 with another heavy set til failure
    one handed reverse grip cable curl - 4x6
    preacher curls - 3x6 with another heavy set til failure

Routine 2
    incline hammer curls - 4x6
    reverse grip preacher curls - 4x6
    BB curls - 4x6

I'll mix those up a bit as needed. But yeah, that's the jist of it.

Thread Information