musselman is offline Junior Member

Allegations against Ironman and his training method...

I read on another forum that Ironman's HIT training was plagiarized from the ideas of others (including Dante, Phil Hernon etc.).

While anecdotal evidence from many members on this board and others are that his methods work... the fact that his methods are based on proven methods that others have created and that he didn't give credit for them is blatant plagiarism.

In fact, it was uncovered that his original identity is MR.BICEPS (same IP address), a relative newbie on this board and he resurfaced only recently as The_Iron_Man.

Was wondering if anybody can clarify these allegations? Perhaps The_Iron_Man himself can speak up for himself here?

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Interesting.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I thought that was kind of fishy...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    There are about 1000 variations of HIT and how it's presented, so good luck proving anything.

Don't get me wrong, if it's blatant then I think that's f*cked up and that he should be ousted, but proving it is another story. Shit, magazines even have the same ideas presented over and over and over again just w/different "packaging".

All in all, doesn't bother me as I'm not a HIT fan of any sort, so this is all out in left field for me.

~SC~

For those interested in the Ironman saga... you can check out more concrete "evidence" over at the Intensemuscle forum and make up and your own mind... (not sure if posting a direct link here is allowed so i won't)

For me, the fact that he didn't respond to the callouts on 3 separate boards just proves he is guilty as charged...

As they say, the silence is deafening...

drinu is offline Junior Member
    you have to try the programm for yourself if you like it then its good

Nobody said the program wasn't good... Why wouldn't it be good if it was based on sound training principles developed by others?

The thing is he didn't give any credit to his information sources. By doing so he is making it seem that all his borrowed ideas are his own...

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by musselman
    Nobody said the program wasn't good... Why wouldn't it be good if it was based on sound training principles developed by others?

The thing is he didn't give any credit to his information sources. By doing so he is making it seem that all his borrowed ideas are his own...
    really who cares, if the program works that is whats important, every routine is a variation of another, you cant reinvent the wheel, it is what it is, i am sure iron man has slightly different variation from others as does everyone who writes or changes a program. wen did AR become judge judy, proving who stole what routine and plagerized this or that, iron man shared his ideas, take them or leave them, weather theay are all his or parts of another rouitne,learn from them choose to use or not use them and move on

primetime1 is offline Member
    ^^^the doctor has spoken nough said

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    really who cares, if the program works that is whats important, every routine is a variation of another, you cant reinvent the wheel, it is what it is, i am sure iron man has slightly different variation from others as does everyone who writes or changes a program. wen did AR become judge judy, proving who stole what routine and plagerized this or that, iron man shared his ideas, take them or leave them, weather theay are all his or parts of another rouitne,learn from them choose to use or not use them and move on
    Exactly, thanks for providing a nice summary in which to close this garbage.

Seems like he has some vested interest in trying to spread gossip and ruin someone.

~SC~

Thread Information