Thread: Daily Squats?

likewize is offline Junior Member

Daily Squats?

Alright, I got a quick question...

So, I already have pretty big legs...I always have, I'm guessing it is because my father used to be a squat monster in his days, and he passed it down...Now, he told me that he barely did anything else, just squats...I saw a picture of him, he had a swole chest, arms, back...everything....So, I'm thinking...Would there be any benefit to incorporating about 5 light sets of squats at the beginning of my workout (chest, bi's, tri's, etc...)? I'm saying to do about 5 light sets prior to working out other parts of my body...Because if he (my dad) can build mass with mainly squats, then squats combined with other excercises should be very beneficial, right?

I know some of you are thinking that daily squats are impossible...but i'm talking light...like between 135 and 225...that's all...That way I won't wear my legs out for the next day...What do you guys think...?

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    i know genetics play a much bigger role in weightlifting and muscle building than most guys think... it may work for you, but for how long and with what kind of results is all going to be your diet and recovery time. I would say try it, unorthodox training has its benefits. but just make sure your body can handle it and don't overdo it...

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    also, this would make cardio even more taxing on the legs. so if you are doing cardio and things of that nature you may want to evaluate how much work you are putting on your legs opposed to the rest of your body...

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    also, this would make cardio even more taxing on the legs. so if you are doing cardio and things of that nature you may want to evaluate how much work you are putting on your legs opposed to the rest of your body...
    Very true. Personally bro, I wouldnt do them more then 3 times a week. That way you will have an off day in between each time you do it.

Thread Information