ironmike250 is offline Associate Member

What kind of cardio is best for cutting???

Hey bros! (and sisters)

I just finished my cycle a couple of weeks ago, and now doing my PCT. As you all know, summer is right around the corner and I would like to cut up a little bit.

I just wanna know what kind of cardio do you all do? I run, but it reeks havok on my knees. And when I do the eliptocal, it really seems to just give my legs a hell of a pump. I am about 6'3 or 6'4 depends on how heavy I've been squatting. and my current weight is 277.

Any advice would be much appreciated as always!

chinups Guest
    AM cardio for 45 mins. Nice steady walk, 3.5 ish

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    the higher the intensity, the more caloires you burn, i dont think anyone is particularly better, i like walking for a half hour every day, it works for me4.0mph at a ten incline or out doors weather permitting

naz-uk is offline Associate Member
    id recomend the high incline walk too, works a treat for me

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    the higher the incline, the more calories burned

ruffrydadd is offline Junior Member
    Personally, being an amateur fighter since I was in fukin diapers Ive done just about every cardio exercise there is. The cardio exercise which has yeilded the best results for me is swimming and/or jumping rope. I prefer jumping rope over any cardio. Endurance goes through the roof, you work legs, core, arms etc. and not only have my personal experiences proven jumping rope to be superior (in my case), I have also read that studies have shown that 10 minutes of jumping rope is equivelent to about 30 minutes of running. even though you shouldn't do any cardio workout longer than 30 minutes or you start to burn muscle instead of fat.

chinups Guest
    I just ordered my jump rope

extreme22 is offline Associate Member
    summing bro it is the best

Ye, and when you get really good at jumping rope, get a leather rope with metal barrings in the handles. that shit will whip around so quick you could kill someone with it haha. Everlast has some nice jump ropes. And as far as swimming goes, I highly recommend it especially for people who are injured. When Im injured I swim.

HUNTER1 is offline Member
    dude, i've got one of those everlasts your talking about. i think i'm gonna break it out for tomorrows cardio session.

usually though, i just walk 3.5 at 10 incline for 45 minutes while watching sportscenter.

I use to run everyday and watch an episode of sienfeld haha. Now I jump rope and this is my exact routine. I get my ipod, and I just bought the Bose system to hook it up to. Its loud as hell, I love that thing. And I jump rope for a full song since the avg. song is about 5 minutes long. then I rest for a song. I do this on and off for about 12 songs. It takes about an hour, but I love it. It doesn't get old for me.

Thread Information