Thread: SIX days a week

L.Priest is offline Banned

SIX days a week

ANyone train 6x a week? I'm beginning to wonder if it's just too mcuh, but I hate sitting in an office all day and then not working out afterwards to releave the strees. My split is usually:

LEGS
    CHEST
    DELTS/TRPS
    BACK
    CHEST
    AUX. LIFTS, SQUATS (HEAVY), ARMS
    DELTS OR OFF (USUALLY OFF).......

This is all with 150mg test/hrt a week.

What makes me wonder, is construction workers. They lift heavy 7 days a week and don't burn out. Plus, there are some massive dudes out there and their diets can't be on point. Any thoughts?

yodaddy is offline Associate Member
    i think lifitn 6 dasy a week is fine i have been doign the same for over 2 years now and it has shown me great results. but everyone is different. sunday my day of rest is a great day to relax and chill out. i think that you should do what works best for you obv. good luck

Theatrix is offline Associate Member
    I am by no means ready to give expert advise on the merits of lifting 6 days a week, although when I HAVE done it, to me it seems there is just to much overlapping of secondary muscle workout.
    However, the concept of working out six days a week (putting aside props to your commitment) , has to take its toll in managing the rest of your life. There has to be more to life than work, eating and the gym.
    Just a thought from an an old Fvck!!!

yodaddy is offline Associate Member
    hahaha there is much more to life....what is two hours of ur day not much right?...prob not even two hours at the gym a day unelss u do cardio and work out the same days.......i just love being there and its one of the many highs of my day along with girls, motorcycle riding and schoool, the days go by fast and it works into my schedual perfect but hey everyone is deff and has diff shit to get done so its up to your needs

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    its prob a little to much but try it and see how it works for you.. everybody is diff.. i have friends who do every body part twice and love it.. i cant do it but once again every1 is diff..

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i will do a phase of training for 3-5 weeks of 6x a week its a doggcrap variation w/ a tai twist on it.. u kan find it in me log

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    it all depends on what works for you, 4 myself, i find les is better, others find more volume is the ticket, but may end up over training.also horrible analogy about construction workers, not all of them work 7 days a wk , and not all of them follow a set routine,what they do is not exercise specific, yes it is hard work, but the intensity and volume is very different, it is like comparing apples and oranges, it doesnt apply

i am never going to understand why everyone thinks more volume equals better results, it doesnt always work like this

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    i used to train 5-6 days a week...overtrained was not the word....cut it down to 4 days a week gained nearly 10lbs over a coupla months......6 days imo is way overboard....JMO tho...

Quote Originally Posted by booz
    i used to train 5-6 days a week...overtrained was not the word....cut it down to 4 days a week gained nearly 10lbs over a coupla months......6 days imo is way overboard....JMO tho...
    totally agree booz, lt is better, to much i just overkill, it burns you out and kills any chance of gains

what do you do on off days??

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    on off days i eat sleep and do functional str training when im doing IM Hit
    fxnl Str Trainng = Sled/Sprints/MedicineBall/JumpRope

anyways take a gander at this.. i would do it for 4 weeks MAX no more and its even better if u couple it w/ Slin/IGF since u kan get more bang for ur buck w/ slin.

Tai's Unorthodoxy Training Regiment!

Quote Originally Posted by L.Priest
    what do you do on off days??
    play playstation! rest and eat, live your life on your off days, you dont have to lock yourself in a gym everyday to become big. the idead of the off day is to let your body heal and recuperate for your next workout.

I just enjoy eating.....don't see the necessity in consuming the same diet when you dont train..........for example, I just had 1/2 cup oats, whey, protein bar as my p/w meal then I go train....why would I have this meal on an off day?

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    to help replenish all your glycogen stores that are still depleted, and to help recover...

Quote Originally Posted by L.Priest
    I just enjoy eating.....don't see the necessity in consuming the same diet when you dont train..........for example, I just had 1/2 cup oats, whey, protein bar as my p/w meal then I go train....why would I have this meal on an off day?
    the days you dont train are the most important days to eat right , especially increased protein, your body is recovering form the damage you caused by lifting, in order for it to grow, you need to eat.maybe you dont need to eat your pre workout meal, but you still should consume food and protein and a good amount on the days you dont lift. dont starve yourself on your off days. i suggest you read up on different routines and a diets,

Thread Information