hprlte12 is offline New Member

Exclamation has this happened to anyone?

i was wondering if anyone had an explanation as to what might have happened to me 2 days in a row now. I was lifting pretty heavily for about 3-4 months after having some time off. Then i got walking pneumonia which put me on my ass for a week, then i went on spring break for a week and didn't have access to a gym. I get back and go to the gym and my first exercise is deadlifts, i get done with 2 sets and feel like i'm gonna pass out. i got 4 reps out of my 3rd set and just backed off. went over to do pullups next, felt the same way only this time it was bad i had to leave and go home and like lay down for about 45 minutes. i thought maybe i just went a little too hard so i layed off for a day then today i just did 50 pushups and about 40 situps in my room and stood up and got the same feeling again. it almost feels like heatstroke my mouth and jaw are clenching up and i get really bad tunnel vision and get all shaky and have to sit down. as far as supps all i'm takin is whey and creatine. what could it be, is the creatine dehydrating me? or am i not eating enough sugar?

im no expert, but i would say it has a lot to do with dehydration and it could be sugar as well
    when i do squats and deads i have to sit down as soon as im done to prevent from blacking out. I see stars, get light headed, and nauseas.
    I have also had pneumonia. From what i gathered from your post youve only taken 2 weeks off since the start of the pneumonia? You need more time off than this. I took 5 weeks off when i got it.
    take a couple of weeks off, and when youre feeling better come back slow. You arent going to see much results while youre sick anyways.

As far as the dizzieness/light headed, i started eating a candy bar 30 minutes prior to workout while bulking, and this has helped some. I also drink 48 oz of water per hour while working out.
    I had asked my kenisiology professor about this, she suggested eating more bananas, i forget the reason why, but its worth a shot.

also if you arent conditioned to working out, going all out can do this to you. Thats like someone who has never swam before trying to swim a 500 yd race.

Im willing to bet its the pneumonia doing this to you, so as i stated before i would take more time off, try doing what i suggested, and if the problem persists, talk to a physician. Doc Sust probably has more credible information on this than i do, just trying to be of some help.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    this is why i never take time off.......to risky.........and i've trained through pneumonia before...

hprlte12 is offline New Member
    thanks for the advice, i figured it was somethin with maybe my sugar levels being too low i'll try the candybar before workouts and see how i hold up today.

Thread Information