CanadianGhost is offline Junior Member

Post EXTREME WEIGHT LOSS - Progress Log

Ok as promised I will keep a log of this battle my sister is facing.

I took on this challenge with the help of many here who posted advice. Thanks to all who did, I reallly appreciate it.

Here's a link to the thread I originally posted. Extreme Weight Loss - PLEASE Help

Ok it is now ..

Monday April 10 '06

Weight: 265 lbs
    Calories: 2600
    Cardio: Bike 45 mins twice daily, 5 days/week
    Supplements: Whey Protein, ECA 2x's daily, Multi Vitamin

Thanks again everyone...feel free to post any questions or advice all opinions are definately welcome.
    Last edited by CanadianGhost; 04-11-2006 at 01:18 PM.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    when will her weight training begin and what will it look like?

I am going to give her one more week of just cardio to help her get used to having SOME activity in her life.

The weight training will begin in one week and will consist of a full body circuit style approach for approx. 30 mins. She will do this 3 days/week.

That is my plan as of now but if there is a better option I am definately open to advice. Thanks again.

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianGhost
    I am going to give her one more week of just cardio to help her get used to having SOME activity in her life.

The weight training will begin in one week and will consist of a full body circuit style approach for approx. 30 mins. She will do this 3 days/week.

That is my plan as of now but if there is a better option I am definately open to advice. Thanks again.
    After a couple of weeks of training her form.... drop the reps on her. 5-8 rep sets and start to determine her tolerance.

And teach her to dead and squat. Don't have her doing that worthless pink dumbbells for sets of 50 trash. Don't be that guy. lol

She can lose a TON of weight just with heavy deads/squats.... with minimal cardio. You would be surprised how much some heavy lifting can do.

Thanks ...I was definately not going to be THAT guy but I never really considered real heavy reps either.

Considering what kind of effort is required to move large amounts of weight it makes sense that you would progress rapidly that way.

Thanks again everyone for all the help...

EDIT: We will be checking our progress this evening and then starting weight training tomorrow.
    Last edited by CanadianGhost; 04-16-2006 at 05:20 PM.

Week #2

Week 1 of our log complete and we are now entering week #2

Monday April 17 '06

Original Weight: 265 lbs
    Current Weight: 263 lbs
    Calories: 2600
    Cardio: Bike 45 mins twice daily, 5 days/week @60-70% Max Rate
    Supplements: Whey Protein, ECA 2x's daily, Multi Vitamin,
    10 gms Glutamine
    Weight Training: Full body Circuit Training 3x's / week for approx. 30 mins / session. Target rep range 10-15 reps.

Not a bad week and progress was made.

We are now beginning weight training and glutamine has been added to the diet.

It will be interesting to see next weeks results as this past week she was having a visit from here ahem "lady friend" which she has said she usually puts on weight during.

Thanks again to all involved and any advice or useful criticism is appreciated.

Thread Information