spencer is offline i gotta S on ma chest

Lightbulb best way to get fit.

wats the best?

sprints or long distance jogging?

cheers in advance

i do both but which is best??

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    depends on what you're looking to improve. long-distance jogging will improve your cardiovascular system more efficiently as well as burn fat, whereas the sprinting will improve speed and power (though not as much power as weight-training). the determining factor here is what are you looking to get out of your cardio?

Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    depends on what you're looking to improve. long-distance jogging will improve your cardiovascular system more efficiently as well as burn fat, whereas the sprinting will improve speed and power (though not as much power as weight-training). the determining factor here is what are you looking to get out of your cardio?
    oh right sorry pal, i didnt explain it properlly.
    im training for the parachute regiment and need to be at my fittest. i jog down to a running track,2mile ish. then do sprints then jog back.
    have u any hints or w/o tips?

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer
    oh right sorry pal, i didnt explain it properlly.
    im training for the parachute regiment and need to be at my fittest. i jog down to a running track,2mile ish. then do sprints then jog back.
    have u any hints or w/o tips
    ?
    i think you got it spot on by adding abit of both,im not sure how it works in the forces but i seem to remember my mate doing fitness(sprinting)and some longer distance (6 miles or so),you could try taking a longer trip back from the track.

Quote Originally Posted by helium3
    i think you got it spot on by adding abit of both,im not sure how it works in the forces but i seem to remember my mate doing fitness(sprinting)and some longer distance (6 miles or so),you could try taking a longer trip back from the track.
    cheers mate. it has actually been working. my other friend whos currently in iraq is home soon and hes taking me out in the moors in bolton with a burgin on, OH SHIT. lol
    most my runs are on tred mills but its so boring.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    sprinting will improve your jog.........I do sprints and they are great for fatloss while cutting(I know thats not exactly what youre interested in)...

Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    sprinting will improve your jog.........I do sprints and they are great for fatloss while cutting(I know thats not exactly what youre interested in)...
    cheers mate, i want my all round fitness improving really.

kyjelly is offline Banned
    You wanna be crazy fit? For unbeleiveable muscle endurance, get a Navy SEAL training book. Its really hard work, but my friend's bro is like a robot..lol its scary. I was actually gonna try it out when I first started training, but access to a pool crossed it out.

But being "fit" is all about muscle endurance..which would be morre so distance runs...and little, but some sprints.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    im starting wind-sprints this afternoon, sprinting across the football feild, then walking back, jogging back if im fit enough. ive started wrestling again and havent done any other exercise apart from bodybuilding for the past 2 years, my fitness is not what it was lol. mixing sprinting and jogging will be good, try get yourself a heart rate monitor, and keep your heart rate at about 85% of your max

Quote Originally Posted by Timm1704
    im starting wind-sprints this afternoon, sprinting across the football feild, then walking back, jogging back if im fit enough. ive started wrestling again and havent done any other exercise apart from bodybuilding for the past 2 years, my fitness is not what it was lol. mixing sprinting and jogging will be good, try get yourself a heart rate monitor, and keep your heart rate at about 85% of your max
    lmao. good luck mate, ive heard swimming's the shit. every muscle it works.

my mates home soon from iraq and he's gonna take me over to bolton to the west pennine moors to do some tabbing with him, oh shit. lol

Quote Originally Posted by kyjelly
    You wanna be crazy fit? For unbeleiveable muscle endurance, get a Navy SEAL training book. Its really hard work, but my friend's bro is like a robot..lol its scary. I was actually gonna try it out when I first started training, but access to a pool crossed it out.

But being "fit" is all about muscle endurance..which would be morre so distance runs...and little, but some sprints.
    ive got some para book too, thats shit hot.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    the run w/ sprints sounds good to me. stay off the treamill, tho, that will kill your run

Quote Originally Posted by derek7m
    the run w/ sprints sounds good to me. stay off the treamill, tho, that will kill your run
    thats what ive been running on, the tred mill. i h8 it

BEER WHORE is offline Member
    spencer buddie dont go to iraq man..lett ****ing prince harry go there mate

Quote Originally Posted by BEER WHORE
    spencer buddie dont go to iraq man..lett ****ing prince harry go there mate
    by the time i pass out it'll be iran were invading probs

long distance running fo sho

aaahhhh lol stay off the treadmill!! put on yr boots, and run outside, and if any way possible, run in the sand, it really builds up leg endurance and strength.

aaahhhh lol stay off the treadmill!! put on yr boots, and run outside, and if any way possible, run in the sand, it really builds up leg endurance and strength.
    sounds good mate but got no sand near me mate

thanks for input, im doing a 10 miler tomo with a few mates on the road.

loftgroover2 is offline New Member
    get a belt with a few weights init i was in the royal marines in 2002. jus keep up the long distant running! pure physical fitness ya need you'll need ya weight good for your plenty of press ups you'll defo get beasted with them! rope climbs, pull ups, can ya swim? B.S.T is a bitch!!! most of all tho its mental fitness more than anything else!

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by loftgroover2
    get a belt with a few weights init i was in the royal marines in 2002. jus keep up the long distant running! pure physical fitness ya need you'll need ya weight good for your plenty of press ups you'll defo get beasted with them! rope climbs, pull ups, can ya swim? B.S.T is a bitch!!! most of all tho its mental fitness more than anything else!

good luck
    IVE SPOKE TO MY MATE WHOS IN 2PARA AND HE SAID THEY DIDNT DO ROPE CLIMBES. I DO THEM ANYWAY.
    WHAT HAPPENED IN THE MARINES MATE, WHY YOU OUT?

sorry for capitals lmao ^

i got discharged i got arthuritis in my left ankle absaloutly gutted like i twisted it a few times on the runs and i had to keep going and going and after 6 months it juz gave out still weak now like doctors said no running sports but i love my football to much so i juz make sure its strapped up now its not to bad i used to run and it would juz flop and i've over streched the tendons so i juz get a short hot poker like pain then it goes 3/4 ecs later then i carry on no swelling or nothing but dats life. as for para's **** dat shite i ain't trusting no back pack 10'000 feet in the air lol

i got discharged i got arthuritis in my left ankle absaloutly gutted like i twisted it a few times on the runs and i had to keep going and going and after 6 months it juz gave out still weak now like doctors said no running sports but i love my football to much so i juz make sure its strapped up now its not to bad i used to run and it would juz flop and i've over streched the tendons so i juz get a short hot poker like pain then it goes 3/4 ecs later then i carry on no swelling or nothing but dats life. as for para's **** dat shite i ain't trusting no back pack 10'000 feet in the air lol
    lol ok sea hat haha

ive got 3 or 4 good mates in 2para. my best mate died in iraq on 28 feb.
    ive got about 6mates who are royal marines but they are rubber daggers. reservist's

hey spencer, this is one of my post from another military thread and thought it could be put here also, and maybe help you if you choose.

Its all about endurance, and what I read above, dont worry about over-training in pushups/situps/pullups

Also, that book stated above, I have it too, and its an excellenct book, wether military or just wanna get in shape, that book will turn you into a robot.

Do the pushups/situps/pullups everyday, and run 3 miles 3 days a week, and slowly increase the miles each week or 2. Also, swimming is a hell of a endurance builder, and stength for that matter.

Back when I ran cross country, I did 3 in 14:48, yeah, it is hell, but at some point, when people think its "endurance", it really becomes mind over matter.

Good luck with it all buddy, and stay strong, mentally and physically...

hey spencer, this is one of my post from another military thread and thought it could be put here also, and maybe help you if you choose.

Its all about endurance, and what I read above, dont worry about over-training in pushups/situps/pullups

Also, that book stated above, I have it too, and its an excellenct book, wether military or just wanna get in shape, that book will turn you into a robot.

Do the pushups/situps/pullups everyday, and run 3 miles 3 days a week, and slowly increase the miles each week or 2. Also, swimming is a hell of a endurance builder, and stength for that matter.

Back when I ran cross country, I did 3 in 14:48, yeah, it is hell, but at some point, when people think its "endurance", it really becomes mind over matter.

Good luck with it all buddy, and stay strong, mentally and physically...
    i seen it pal but cheers mate. gonna start swimming this week. what would you suggest. i dont swim lengths ever how many lengths should i start with

do the B.S.T it'll be a bit different there coz you'll ave combats on and a weapon juz try it wiv a lil weight and tread water for a 2/3 mins. u start off swim half the length of the pool (frog style not sure of name) turn round swim back (frog style) tread water for 2/3 mins then get out do it a few times if it gets to easy use a weighted belt coz when u got combats on its a hole lot diff!!!

do the B.S.T it'll be a bit different there coz you'll ave combats on and a weapon juz try it wiv a lil weight and tread water for a 2/3 mins. u start off swim half the length of the pool (frog style not sure of name) turn round swim back (frog style) tread water for 2/3 mins then get out do it a few times if it gets to easy use a weighted belt coz when u got combats on its a hole lot diff!!!
    cheers mate... i think it called brest stroke

Thread Information