KingMike is offline Associate Member

Yes, it is correct...230 BPM for 35 minutes! What now?

I am so sick of this. I wanted to sweat a little and decided to do cardio on empty stomach at a comfortable rate so it actually felt like I was doing something. I checked my rate every 3 minutes and it was 210-230 BPM for 32 minutes. I guit becasue I got scaird. I am typing this 20 minutes after and wondering what is going on. I feel great. I never pant, always a steady inale, exhale just like when I used to do cardio at 130BPM. I am going to give up and go back to HIIT twice a week in the evening. The past 3 weeks I have lost scale weight but did not feel like I was lsoing fat doing cardio at 135 BPM. I guees I have been at this far too long and need to quit for a while. I am now 175 pounds at 6 foot and sick of this.

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    how intesnse was your cardio? was it far more intense than what you'd be doing at 135bpm? that number is way too high. you sure what you were using to measure your hr was accurate? if you have a hr monitor, i'd try getting another one, as that just doesn't seem like it could be right. if it was a bike or treadmill with the monitors attached, i'd check the hr on another one next time you use them. you could also go the "manual wrist pulse" hr check way, but i always have a hard time feeling the pulse while in the middle of doing cardio personally.

if you know without a doubt that your hr did actually go up to 210-230bpm, i'd make a doctors appt and get that checked out. it may be an indication of a heart condition arising, and at that hr, that's potential heart-attack territory. at this point unless you're absolutely sure your hr was that high, i wouldn't be very concerned, but do keep track next time. good luck man and let us know how things work out.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Seems to me like whatever you are using is giving you readings that are way off. 230 isn't even possible unless you are like negative 50 years old

Quil is offline Member
    Your heart is coming out of your freaking chest at 230. Got to be a bad reading or monitor.

Thread Information