energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference

Online Personal training courses UK

What is the best online course for personal training in the UK?

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    if its online, does it have to be in the UK??

ACSM (american college of sports medicine) seems pretty high up there. Theres a college in the US that has for the first time started a bachelors in personal training... and one of the reqs is that all the students must maintain a PT cert from ACSM. Im currently doing this and its pretty in depth medically!! I think it goes into a lot more than most other certs.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Sory bro, idont mean that it has to be in the UK, what i mean is the best course i can use in the uk.
    can i use ACSM over here?
    cheers mate.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Im not really sure.. Id assume so since you can take the test worldwide. Im studying now to take my test in China of all places. Really though, its the knowledge you present thats most important. YOu may go into some gym and be like "hey, i have my pt cert from acsm" and they may not have heard of it,as with any cert, but once you start talking, then they will be like "oh, this guy knows what hes talking about". But be warned, i was quite surprised at the amount of medical content in the ACSM course. Its really good , but not easy... beyond just 'how to do this exercise and what muscle it works'. It seems like its more of a sports physiology thing. Which like i said, is cool and interresting, but definatly takes more time studying than some of the other certs...

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    I would recommend the CSCS or CPT by the NSCA that are an American organisation but run courses in the UK, very professional!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    If you want to use the qualification to work in a gym in the UK it is likely your gym will want you certified on the Register Of Exercise Professionals (REPs).

Check out the qualification part of their website. You can do a search to see if your preferred choice is accepted by them.

http://www.exerciseregister.org/QUALSentry.htm

cheers guys, im looking forward to doing something i enjoy, i fecked about at school, and ended up being an elec enginer, shit but the moneys good.

Thread Information