BigJames is offline Senior Member

Back Training...

I am outlining some back training routines I am thinking of alternating and I am looking for comments from more experienced trainers on my excersize selections and training volume. Back has always been a weak point for me due to the fact that I always skipped back day when I started training years ago. Some may disagree with my placement of Deadlifts at the end of the routines, but my lower back is very prone to strain and I am working to strengthen it...that said, I am more warmed up at the end of the workout and can get pumped lifting less and therefore put my back in less risk of injury.

Back Workout #1 - Lat Priority
    Wide Grip Chins (3 sets of 6 reps)
    Wide Grip Pulldowns (1 set - to finish off the above)
    T-Bar Rows (3 Sets)
    Pull Overs (3 sets)
    Traps (3 sets)
    Deadlifts (3 sets)

Back Workout #2 - Upper Back Priority
    Bent Barbell Rows (4 sets)
    High Rows (3 sets)
    T-Bar Rows (3 Sets)
    Wide Grip Pulldowns (3 sets)
    Hyperextensions (3 sets)
    Traps (3 sets)

Back Workout #3 - Pullover Priority
    Pullovers (4 sets)
    High Rows (3 sets)
    One Arm Dumbbell Rows (3 sets)
    Wide Grip Pull Downs (3 sets)
    Hyperextensions (3 sets)
    Traps (3 sets)

Back Workout #4 - Lower Back Priority
    Deadlifts (4 sets)
    Wide Grip Chins (3 sets)
    Seated Rows (3 sets)
    T-bar Rows (3 sets)
    Traps (3 sets)

Comments/suggestions? I would alternate these every week and lift as hard as I can for each exersize.

Thanks,

PurplePatriot is offline Associate Member
    To me it looks like you have too many exercises per day. heavier weights and about 3-4 exercises for the back 5 max. deadlifts are great, i get so many compliments from my guy friends saying how much its grown over a short period of time. And i have a solution for the lower back probs you have while doing it.

do conventional deadlifts with your legs bent slighty so that way your back starts more vertical rather than horizontal to the ground. however, get the weights up off the ground before you start, like on a smith machine or rack. putting it 1-1.25 feet off the ground takes off the initial load that your lower back goes through the get the weight up. Give that a shot bro and if your not already when your doing a set of deadlifts when you come down be sure and put the weight all the way to ground look up at yourself in the mirror (if there is one) reconcentrate on your form making sure its as flat as can be, redo your grip then go back up. do this every time only takes about 1 second.

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePatriot
    To me it looks like you have too many exercises per day. heavier weights and about 3-4 exercises for the back 5 max. deadlifts are great, i get so many compliments from my guy friends saying how much its grown over a short period of time. And i have a solution for the lower back probs you have while doing it.

do conventional deadlifts with your legs bent slighty so that way your back starts more vertical rather than horizontal to the ground. however, get the weights up off the ground before you start, like on a smith machine or rack. putting it 1-1.25 feet off the ground takes off the initial load that your lower back goes through the get the weight up. Give that a shot bro and if your not already when your doing a set of deadlifts when you come down be sure and put the weight all the way to ground look up at yourself in the mirror (if there is one) reconcentrate on your form making sure its as flat as can be, redo your grip then go back up. do this every time only takes about 1 second.
    I will try that on the deads man....thanks. I will also cut down the volume a little...I do not count traps as part of back (although I train them on the same day...)

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    are you gaining strength with each week??
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    are you gaining strength with each week??
    about how much weight should i add in lbs each week?

Thread Information