Joe79 is offline New Member

Can I gain muscle without gaining weight?

I weigh 220, and I'm actually pretty flabby, if I eat 5000 calories a day I know I'll just get fat. So what I'm wondering is, will I drop body fat if I work out, get my 220 grams of protein a day, and just maintain the 220? Will my arms get bigger, and my gut smaller?

I hit every muscle once a week, usually 2 exercises per body part, 3 sets each, for 4-6 reps.

Superhuman is offline Banned
    Well I look twice as big as I did before I started this last cycle but I haven't gained more than 5lbs of weight. I think it's possible for your muscles to get bigger without gaining weight - though I wouldn't know how to explain it. Look @ Arnold for example, I weight about the same as he did in his peak and I'm about the same height though my legs and back are bigger than his IMO, his arms are HUGE compared to mine.

i think that in some people they will gain muscle as they lose fat, so while they're gaining muscle they stay @ relatively the same weight and then once they get to a really low bodyfat and keep gaining muscle they will se their weight go up.

Thread Information