Tactikz is offline New Member

My Triceps SUCK...Need Help..

My arms are 17" but I feel as though my Triceps lack huge. There's no width from the back of my arm and I generally fill in all my shirts with my biceps.

I've done Heavy Dips, Skullcrushers, Close Grip Bench presses and nothing avails.

Any suggestions or hints/tips? I'll post up pics if I can find some.

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Do you perform your triceps exercises on both chest and shoulder days, in essense, twice a week?

Tactikz is offline New Member
    I have push/pull days, I train power lifting style.

My power is there, but I'm not impressed with my muscle size. I think I need to switch to traditional bodybuilding just for the sakes of appearance for my Triceps...

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    I find its very easy to overtrain the tris. My bench has gone up every time i cut out extra tri work.

FullMoonHowlingWolf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactikz
    I have push/pull days, I train power lifting style.

My power is there, but I'm not impressed with my muscle size. I think I need to switch to traditional bodybuilding just for the sakes of appearance for my Triceps...
    You answered your own question.

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Quote Originally Posted by FullMoonHowlingWolf
    You answered your own question.
    Amen. If you're not happy with a body part and are not willing to change your approach, then you had better learn to like it! Also, you might want to incorporate some movements that isolates a single arm rather than using both. Try doing some isolated kickbacks and single arm pulldowns to mix it up. Do the isolated arm exercises first and then polish the workout off with doing the exercises that incorporate both arms.

post a pic if you can, some people have a genetically higher tricep, while some have a tri that extends more towards the elbow. Mine tend to be high tris, they're larger towards my shoulders, I've found some great ways to target them.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    post a pic if you can, some people have a genetically higher tricep, while some have a tri that extends more towards the elbow. Mine tend to be high tris, they're larger towards my shoulders, I've found some great ways to target them.
    im the same, my triceps are high, thickness isnt too bad near the shoulder, but my elbow area is all lonely. my biceps are inserted high aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Timm1704
    im the same, my triceps are high, thickness isnt too bad near the shoulder, but my elbow area is all lonely. my biceps are inserted high aswell

The best thing I've found for genetically high tri's is to do skullcrushers, but bring the bar back behind your head rather than to the forehead. It takes much stress off the elbows and totally scorches your tris. Also, what I like even more is doing them w/ an ez curl bar narrow grip on a 30 degree incline bench. When you come up with it do not totally straighten your arms out, do a 3/4 movement to keep stress on them.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    The best thing I've found for genetically high tri's is to do skullcrushers, but bring the bar back behind your head rather than to the forehead. It takes much stress off the elbows and totally scorches your tris. Also, what I like even more is doing them w/ an ez curl bar narrow grip on a 30 degree incline bench. When you come up with it do not totally straighten your arms out, do a 3/4 movement to keep stress on them.
    You are not suppose to take it past the head. You are taking the stress off of the tricept. The bar should dip to the eyes/forehead with your elbow up and in.

2bshredded is offline Member
    I toatally agree, this is what I do....I sometimes really exhaust them by doing the skulls as described above and wait "finished" them off with pressing the curl bar to ehaustion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bshredded
    I toatally agree, this is what I do....I sometimes really exhaust them by doing the skulls as described above and wait "finished" them off with pressing the curl bar to ehaustion.
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...gTriExtSC.html

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    You are not suppose to take it past the head. You are taking the stress off of the tricept. The bar should dip to the eyes/forehead with your elbow up and in.

I disagree, doing them my way has brought my triceps up tremendously, and I feel no stress on my elbow joints doing them this way. Doing them the other way leaves my elbow joints tender w/out the tris feeling worked to their maximum potential. I dont buy into any textbook bullshit form, you eventually get to a point when your working heavy enough that there is no such thing as perfect form.

Blog Entries
    My little research has found this :

" if you let the bar go slightly behind your head, the first part of the movement is done by the lats, and then the triceps takes over and finishes the movement......a cheat of sort, however, it enables you to handle much heavier weight without putting undue stress on the elbows "

-bodybuilder.com

I can understand going heavy can cause a acceptable cheat percentage but in doing the wrong form you are taking away from the purpose of that exercise. To each their own, just wanted to point this out.

2bshredded is offline Member
    I've used both ways for years, alternating to try to grow them,I always go back to the way stacked has described.
    Could be just a personal thing...use either way to the best of your ability.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    My little research has found this :

" if you let the bar go slightly behind your head, the first part of the movement is done by the lats, and then the triceps takes over and finishes the movement......a cheat of sort, however, it enables you to handle much heavier weight without putting undue stress on the elbows "

-bodybuilder.com

I can understand going heavy can cause a acceptable cheat percentage but in doing the wrong form you are taking away from the purpose of that exercise. To each their own, just wanted to point this out.

Bringing the bar back may stretch my serratus a little, but in no way does it work my back to any degree. I get up after my set and my triceps feel torched, my back feels nothing, doesnt take a genius to figure out something is working right.

Thread Information