endpoint is offline New Member

Best Barbell exercise for huge cannonball delts

What have you found to be most productive in producing massive cannonball, huge, cant squeeze through the doorway delts.....millitary press, or pressing from behind the neck?
    I will use both exercises in my new training program, but if you could choose one....which would it be?

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    side raises. And I hold the dumbell at my side not in front of me. And always keep constant tension. Meaning don't let it rest at your sides between reps.

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by endpoint
    What have you found to be most productive in producing massive cannonball, huge, cant squeeze through the doorway delts.....millitary press, or pressing from behind the neck?
    I will use both exercises in my new training program, but if you could choose one....which would it be?
    Well, if by millitary presses you mean standing and pressing the bar overhead than I wouldn't recommend you do that. I also wouldn't recommend you do behind the head presses unless you really know how to perform them without injuring your shoulder as is almost inevitable when doing presses behind the head. Seated shoulder press is the number one mass building movement. Do 1-2 warmup sets than 4 work sets of 8,6,4,2. You want to be decreasing reps and increasing weight. So start with a weight that you can perform at 8 reps, than a weight you can perform for 6 sets and so on. You should be close to failure on each set (you need a spotter to really excel on this exercise) You want to do slow negatives like 3 seconds down and smooth 1 second positives up. You should immediately follow up your last set of seated presses with one set of lateral raises to exhaust your muscles. You want to use a weight that you can perform for 12 reps.

Venum is offline Member
    sounds good I will try it too

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    seated shoulder press/ can be done on smith as well. Lateral raises.

peppino is offline New Member
    Personally I prefer standing military over seated.

D9S0M is offline Associate Member
    Push Press

Thread Information