ACSM and pillars of training

What do you guys think about ACSM's view of the pillars of training? Personally I think it is too generalized and does not take into account the advanced athlete.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    For the advanced athlete, I'd probably go with NSCA guidelines. . .
    ACSM caters more to the clinical exercise physiology settings than to the athletic pop.

absolutely, and to transfer ACSM guidelines to the realm of bodybuilding I think is rediculous. The reason I bring this topic up, is that I have a new client that I will be training on a college campus, it is actually the school I went to, one of the prof's there Is kind of pissing me off b/c, they are just regurgitating ACSM and all the new Boyle tri-set theories, and blah blah blah, but my client's goal is to simply gain size and strength, In order to increase hypertrophy and strength I am not going to have him running around getting 30 secs of rest between every set doing tri-sets and not be able to fully overload each muscle group as much is needed. I guess what I am looking for all in all is a way to verbalize what I just said in order to defend my reasoning in a matter that is not "rude" to the prof that I would love to smack.

Thread Information