Mighty-Midget is offline New Member

Pain in Forearms after armcurls??

Ok ive been having some really bad pains in my forearms after i do standing arm curls using a curved bar or straight bar with weight at the end. The pain is almost like its in my bone, not in the joints though, and its progressivly getting worse any pointers on what to do??

pvit486 is offline Junior Member
    Try Dumbbells

Yea its weird i have absolutly no pain doing dumbells..... but would i still get the same results??

Superhuman is offline Banned
    i get the pain when I do really heavy preacher curls... I just deal with it! It only hurts after I put the weight down and it only lasts for about a minute. It helps if you DON'T curl your wrist back with the weight and instead keep them flush with your forearm the whole time, does that make sense?

tard_zone is offline Associate Member
    I get a sharp pain only during straight barbell curls, and when I am done It feels better to keep on holding the bar tight after I put it down in the rack.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    It's your tendon, usually I get the pain when I actually release the bar. Take some time off from doing arms and just do heavy compound movements to let yourself heal.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I been living with this for a while now. I really only get it when i go really heavy. When i put the bar down and try to release the bar my grip won't lossen up. After a few sec the pain goes away and then i can open my hand, very odd feeling.

athlet4muscl is offline New Member
    never had pain before but my hands sometimes start to tingle after i really get my forearms pumped up... anybody have that problem..

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yeah..I get that a lot. I let the bar go really slowly...helps. When I just let it go quickly like usual it kills

Yea exacly if i let the bar go very slow then there is no pain at the time, but when i pack my bags and leave the gym and go home it herts when i lift anything in that motion... it really sucks. Ima try and go light for a week and baby it to c if it works thanks guys

J4LDO is offline Junior Member
    i had the exact problem, could hardly let go, took a week off and its never came back !

Thread Information