dreuxscott1 is offline Associate Member

i need to cut 20 pounds!!!!

man heres the situation..i decided to do a jiu jitsu tourny on short notice..the weight classes are like this..150-170 171-190 190-no limit...im weighing like 208-210 right now...i really dont want to do the 190 and above class just because chances are im gonna be going against guys 50-100 pounds heavier then me..i know theres a guy whos close to 300 pounds but im not sure if hes doing the tournament..is it possible to cut down to 190 before this saturday..its tuesday right now...if anyone has any suggestions that would be great..i need to get started asap if i wanna get this weight off...would it be better to just to the heavyweight class so i dont have to kill myself to get down and be exhausted when i actually do fight??

mateo112 is offline Associate Member
    i posted in your other thread

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    dude, no way. besides its very unhealthy, if you COULD drop that much weight, you'd probably have no energy and probably str loss too due to the extreme diet and cardio you would have to go on and though you may drop a weight class, it would probably do your performance more harm than good. I say take it to the big guys and show em whats up. Good luck.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    You would end up loosing water, fat, and muscle. By the time you lose the weight, with the muscle loss you would be much weaker.

I really would not suggest it. You do not have adequite time to cut properly. You should focus your training instead on how to take down those bigger guys.

There is no safe/healthy way that you can lose that weight, in such little time.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    three ways:

carb manipulation
    sodium manipulation
    water manipulation

...in tandem.

Starting now, cut your carb intake out completely.. consuming only protein and fat. Increase your water intake at this point. Keep sodim at normal levels.

Do one glycogen depleting workout per day and your normal complement of cardio.. but not as intensely because you'll be treading a fine line here with regard to maintaining muscle.

3 days away from the weigh-in.. cut your sodium intake.. keep your water intake high.

The night prior to the weigh-in add a low dose diuretic

The morning of the weigh-in, consume another low dose of diuretics.

Weigh yourself prior to the weigh-in. Your water intake should be high still.. but you should be pissing like a race horse. If you're within a lb or two of the weight-class piss some more.

If not(5-6 lbs over).. go for a jog

And repeat the weigh-in process.

At the weigh-in you can manipulate the scale to yield a favourable result also.

Provided it's not digital.. if you lean slightly backwards you will change your centre of balance with relevance to the counter balance system that most scales operate on... throwing your weight down a couple lbs.

Good luck

^^YGPM bro

DutchCowboy is offline Associate Member
    Wow Carlos, that was some excellent advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchCowboy
    Wow Carlos, that was some excellent advice.
    Carlos?

omg.

DutchCowboy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Carlos?

omg.
    Just some great info for the guy, that's it.

Thread Information