xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries

How do you know muscle rest?

Curently, Im working out each muscle once a week. and having the rest of week to rest. Question is, how do you know if your fully rested? For example, I workout chest monday, and by thursday, Im not sore anymore. Would it be ok to workout chest on thursday without overttraiing?

pvit486 is offline Junior Member
    Yes, but I found that workin' out each body part hard once a week is enough for your muscles to grow. But it might be different for you.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx
    Curently, Im working out each muscle once a week. and having the rest of week to rest. Question is, how do you know if your fully rested? For example, I workout chest monday, and by thursday, Im not sore anymore. Would it be ok to workout chest on thursday without overttraiing?
    i do that occasionally, sometimes if my target muscle is not sore at all and it feels strong i will hit it a few day early. but keep in mind that your CNS (central nervous system) also needs to recover between workouts. if you start feeling very lethargic and your workouts are suffering its probably either your diet or you are overtraining, but as long as you feel strong and healthy for all your workouts you are probably not overtraining.

Thread Information