Showdown is offline Junior Member

Whats the best food for pre-workout/post workout?

Curious whats best to consume before working out,and how long before you workout...And why....

And whats best afterwards? You should consume food up to 45 mins afterwards right? Thanks in advance...

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    When i was trying to gain mass when i was younger i always ate 2 peanuts butter whole wheat toast.

I dont know what it was but man did it make me stronger.

Of course depending on your goal, it might not be a good idea if you wanna lose weight or cut down but if you wanna gain mass and have energy dont wanna invest in supplement then give this a try.

H20Crazy is offline Associate Member
    pre-workout.....well balanced meal with complex carbs to provide your body with sustained energy throughout your workout i.e. yams, brown rice, oatmeal, broccoli, etc.

post-workout....Simple carbs. After workout, your body is in a hypoglycemic stage. Your blood-sugar and insulin level are at an all-time low. You need a combination of simple carbs and whey protein to boost your insulin levels.

Why? Super fast absorption rate. You need to get glucose into your bloodstream and muscles asap. Remember...your body is being brutally beaten around during your workout. At this point, your body is like a sponge. It will soak up everything you give it. So why not provide it with some good shit.

Personally, i consume, 40 grams whey, 40 grams of dextrose, 40 grams maltodextrin, 5 grams creatine, 5 grams glutamine, and PLENTY OF WATER!!

finish PWO shake within 1 hour post-workout. Sip on second half of shake slowly. 30 minutes after completing shake, eat a well balanced meal.
    Last edited by H20Crazy; 01-09-2007 at 05:13 PM.

Showdown is offline Junior Member
    Great info,I appreciate it!

Thread Information