eljeffe is offline Junior Member

weights with muay thai?

I am out of job and have alot of time on my hands and I am going to start training full time at a local muay thai gym. I am planning on training 5 hours a day on technique and cardio but I am wondering what kind of weight program I should get, I am thinking that I am going to be taxing my muscles with the martial arts training so I will not be able to go all out on the weights. I am going to be on Test and Winny, not sure of the winny cc's yet but 100 cc of Test C just to level off the winny, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

chaznad is offline Junior Member
    youll be just fine , i did it with out the roids

i did 3 explosive full body workouts through out the week starting with major muscle groups , research diff kindas of explosive mvmnts

and tai-box the other 4 days

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    5hours a day?? dont you think thats overkill??
    I am training in MMA which includes Muay Thai in my training but i had to space out the training so that i give time for recovery or else you will burn out and have injuries!

The test-c will help you recover faster so make sure your diet is very good also to recover your muscles.

Advice: Winny is harsh on the joints and tendons, using it in explosive sports like Muay Thai where you have to snap alot fo kicks and punches maybe will put you in an early retirement due to joint problems or injuries.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    5hours a day?? dont you think thats overkill??
    I am training in MMA which includes Muay Thai in my training but i had to space out the training so that i give time for recovery or else you will burn out and have injuries!

The test-c will help you recover faster so make sure your diet is very good also to recover your muscles.

Advice: Winny is harsh on the joints and tendons, using it in explosive sports like Muay Thai where you have to snap alot fo kicks and punches maybe will put you in an early retirement due to joint problems or injuries.
    Great info KAEWA44, i will soon start martial arts training has well back is getting better with help of new chiro, i am planning on running a deca test cycle has well for 8 weeks to fix up the injuries causes in thoses 6 years.

And of course mixing it up with full body weight training 3 times per week not sure of how much time i will do martial arts.

thanks for the replys, I am doing it more for the training than to actually fight, the information about the joints I will definitly keep in mind. I am planning on doing two hours from 9-11, then 6-9 in the afternoon, so I am hoping that the 7 hour break will help me be able to power through.

I am thinking of only doing the training 5 days a week with Sat and Sunday off and doing weights MWF, do you guys think that will work?

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    Great info KAEWA44, i will soon start martial arts training has well back is getting better with help of new chiro, i am planning on running a deca test cycle has well for 8 weeks to fix up the injuries causes in thoses 6 years.

And of course mixing it up with full body weight training 3 times per week not sure of how much time i will do martial arts.
    I am the same as you i had injuries in the past and i want to do a mild cycle to build up the muscles around them so that they wont be weaknesses anymore. I would probably do a medium dose test-only cycle. The best thing i did was work with a good chiro that knows about sports injuries, he helped me get back on track.

Kuzin Tarell is offline Associate Member
    why do you need steroids to help you train in muay thai?

why do you need steroids to help you train in muay thai?

muscle recovery, muscle stamina to train harder and longer

Thread Information