Thread: tricep help?

hugo80 is offline New Member

tricep help?

does anyone have any good suggestions for hitting the inner part of the tricep? i feel it is the most lacking part of my arms and not having much luck. really wanna add some good size.

marsab73 is offline Junior Member
    try doing cable pushdowns with your hands placed wide....remember out works out innner and innner works out inner...if that makes any sense

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    I do tri's on chest day. I do CGBP, Weighted Dips, one arm cble pulldowns at end. After that, I cannot do anymore.

terboman is offline New Member
    w3rd, weighted dips for sure. IMHO, I see too many guys in the gym over-isolating. Looks good doing certain movements in the mirror but....I've seen guys at my gym who've been training for years and...don't even look like they lift weights.

I dunno about you guys but when I was younger, I thought I could shape this or shape that by doing certain movements. True, you can bring 'up' a muscle that is undertrained. Most guys I see however, look like their anything but undertrained. Now that I'm an old fart (ok, well into my 30's) I realize that some stuff...is just genetics.

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    gotta love skullcrushers and pushdowns!

I usually do wide grip straight bar pushdowns to really hit the inner tricep. One other exercise you may want to try is taking all weights off the cable pushdown machine and grabbing the cable itself to do pushdowns. Hard to explain, but at my gym there is a rubber ball right above where you would attach the weight. It hits the inners good, but you may have to go really light on it

hugo80 is offline New Member
    ok sounds like im on the right track, guess they might just take a while to come around, thanks for the help!

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EcToMoRpHiAn
    I usually do wide grip straight bar pushdowns to really hit the inner tricep. One other exercise you may want to try is taking all weights off the cable pushdown machine and grabbing the cable itself to do pushdowns. Hard to explain, but at my gym there is a rubber ball right above where you would attach the weight. It hits the inners good, but you may have to go really light on it
    I do that on pulldowns at the end. And supinate(sp) at the end. Twist wrist.

Thread Information