david2004 is offline New Member

Workout Routine help

For a while there I would just go to the gym with the mindset of nothing. Id **** around and gain a little but next to nothing. I really want start getting big. I know this wont happen over night but im hoping a few of you can help.

My workout routine for last week was:

monday-legs
    tuesday-off
    wednesday-back/shoulders
    thursday-bag training
    friday-off
    saturday-chest/abs
    sunday-off

I also run/bike for 30 minutes after everyday i workout because im trying to loose some fat.

As far as supplements go I take:
    Vertex (basically a huge creatine pill)
    leukic- almost the same as vertex.
    protein
    calcium

and i have n.o. xplode but i really didnt see what it was for, it just seemed to make me fatigue earlier

now i know im missing arms in there and i also rest too much in my opionion.
    I keep getting advice on blank and blank body part on this day and make sure you work your blank and blanks on this day.

Can someone put together a routine for me?

I know reading this is looking pretty bad but like i said, i use to slack off now im in training hardcore mode

StevePJC is offline Member
    Some people will say that cardio after weights is no good. Need to spread it out.

This is my input.

Back and shoulders on the same day is a no go. You're doing chest and abs three days later. Consider this, when you do chest you're actually including your front delts in most of the exercises. I would move your shoulders to your chest day. That way you have a full week to recover both major groups.

Back and biceps should also be put together. Think when you do a lat pulldown; You feel the muscles working in your lats right??? What else feels like it's being worked? Forearms and biceps. You're working all these muscles when you're aiming to just work your lats. Put your biceps, forearms, and back on the same day to avoid any overtraining risks.

This is what I would reccomend.

Monday: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Tuesday: Bag training, 8, 5 minute rounds with 30 second rest in between
    Wednesday: Biceps, back
    Thursday: Repeat Tuesday
    Friday: Legs

You can work abs just about every day if you want to. Give yourself the weekend to rest. Gotta have rest.

Just my two cents.

bag training? I take it this is a punching bag? if so lose it, as well as running. Start doing a brisk walk 3X/wk at 40 min

He had another thread about increasing his punching power. Thought I would throw that in there if that's the route he wanted to go.

If you're strict with the 30 second rest breaks bag training can be pretty good cardio though.

Quote Originally Posted by StevePJC
    He had another thread about increasing his punching power. Thought I would throw that in there if that's the route he wanted to go.

If you're strict with the 30 second rest breaks bag training can be pretty good cardio though.

too much shoulders for me, my shoulers need rest throughout the week, bag training would fatigue them too much

I see your point. Alot of shoulders in 40 minutes of bag work. Will definately concede that fact.

One problem, I work nights on wednesday and fridays, days the rest of the week, off weekend, and during the day on wednesday and fridays i have class

Well then just shift the routine to fit your schedule. Need to have rest though. Good luck to you.

thanks again for the help

This is a GREAT GREAT place to learn. If you try my suggestions and it doesn't work there's plenty of more sources for advice.

Thread Information