Thread: PWO Cardio??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    dhriscerr is offline Senior Member

PWO Cardio??

Ok, so I work until 2 some days then get up at 7am for school so 5 hours isnt alot of sleep so am cardio is kind of out of the question.. I've been hearing alot of people talking about PWO cardio, and Im sure its been posted on, I did search, PWO CARDIO, CARDIO, CARDIO AFTER WORKOUT, and a few other things and found alot of people talking about it and doing it, but why does this work??? and please help me to figure out how you would go about it? Do you go immediately from workout to cardio w/o taking malto and dextro and protein? or do you use your pwo shake then do the cardio? I just figured you would want to get that protein and carbs into your body and muscles before you started doing the cardio? Sorry if there's a ton of info on it I tried to search. Othewise any links would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dhriscerr
    Ok, so I work until 2 some days then get up at 7am for school so 5 hours isnt alot of sleep so am cardio is kind of out of the question.. I've been hearing alot of people talking about PWO cardio, and Im sure its been posted on, I did search, PWO CARDIO, CARDIO, CARDIO AFTER WORKOUT, and a few other things and found alot of people talking about it and doing it, but why does this work??? and please help me to figure out how you would go about it? Do you go immediately from workout to cardio w/o taking malto and dextro and protein? or do you use your pwo shake then do the cardio? I just figured you would want to get that protein and carbs into your body and muscles before you started doing the cardio? Sorry if there's a ton of info on it I tried to search. Othewise any links would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
    Plain and simply you can do PWO cardio have your serving of BCAA's do 30-40 min pwo then have your shake. LIT Cardio ( target heart)

Dont you need to get protein to your muscles within 20min of lifting??? If you do post workout cardio it will be 45 min until you get it

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dhriscerr
    Dont you need to get protein to your muscles within 20min of lifting??? If you do post workout cardio it will be 45 min until you get it
    20 minutes... no....the whole pwo window is a little over rated.. post-training BCAAs... followed by 45 minutes cardio... followed by a mid-glycemic carb+ lean protein meal.
    Last edited by JohnboyF; 01-24-2007 at 11:38 PM.

Thanks man

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    A very little known fact is that the PWO Window occurs after cardio aswell...... your still causing a glycogen depleted state.... causing greater nutrient uptake.... but the sweet thing about PWO cardio is your probably in a glycogen depleted state before you start... thus allowing the body to mobilize fat faster during cardio.. Cause your body needs the energy

briancb1 is offline Member
    when im cutting, I will do this for 15-20 min PWO with my heart rate at 128-130.

I don't go overboard because I like doing cardio in am before breakfast, works SO much better than end of the day.

Thread Information