Thread: Ab question

mullcap is offline Junior Member

Ab question

For you guys out there with the killer 6 packs what do you do for your ab workout and how many days a week. Also do you prefer to hit the abs before or after hitting the weights or before or after hitting cardio. Right now I'm doing cardio in the am for 45 mins a day minimum and lifting a night. My weight training consists of 5 days a week cardio I try to hit 6 and one day a week I train quads and play tackle backyard football. So when would you suggest to hit the abs and what kind of workout would you suggest.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mullcap
    For you guys out there with the killer 6 packs what do you do for your ab workout and how many days a week. Also do you prefer to hit the abs before or after hitting the weights or before or after hitting cardio. Right now I'm doing cardio in the am for 45 mins a day minimum and lifting a night. My weight training consists of 5 days a week cardio I try to hit 6 and one day a week I train quads and play tackle backyard football. So when would you suggest to hit the abs and what kind of workout would you suggest.

Abs is all about diet and cardio. Have a strict clean cutting diet. See at the top of the diet section and find the "how to cut" sticky. For cardio, do it first thing in morning when you wake.

Alot of people here dont even workout their abs, they just hit them indirectly with other workouts they do. Add that to a clean cutter, with 6days of morning cardio, your abs will be showing. No exercise will get your abs showing.

I usually only do 4-6 sets of abs, if anything, and they consist of decline weighted situps, leg levers, left and right crucnhes, and regular crunchs. But they dont mean crap with a crappy diet...

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Makes me laugh when I see pear-shaped fellas doing sit-ups with a plate on their chest!

It's all about the diet. At most I'll do 8 sets twice per week, lower abs only, but this is for core strength, not appearance.

Everyone has got "killer abs" underneath their fat layers.

yea i already started my diet based on rambos post on how to cut. now im just lookin at the best way to hit the abs and when to hit them. this week i gotta go for a physical and while im in I'll get my bf tested to make sure I don't really have to make any drastic changes to the diet I'm already on.

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    when i hit 'em which isn't very often during the year i shoot for 3 to 4 times a week mostly lower ab work. when i want them visible during the warm months i just stop eating like a pig and they'll show up.

how many excercises do you think i should incorporate into my workout. I used to do about 3 sets of 25 bicycles, 3 sets of 20 leg raises, and 3 sets of 20 weighted crunches. now that ive fallin out of shape over the last 5 years ill need to hit the obliques im thinkin.

lastly anyone have any opinions on when would be the best time b4 or after weight session or before or after morning cardio?

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Most 6 packers are getting a little help from GH..

Thread Information