epc512 is offline Associate Member

boxing to get cut?????

Hey all ive been trying to bulk for the past 4-5 months and gained aboue 10-15 lbs. I will be starting to trim down a bit in april and was wqondering what taking up boxing what do for that.

Boxing and MMA would def. shed some weight, but that type of training is usually extremely intense and burns muscle as well.

As you probably already know, morning cardio is the best for a bodybuilder physique.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    I found cardio-kickboxing (yes the class full of chicks) to be the best without a rival when it comes to getting cut or in shape, we al passed by it and made macho jestures like we would never want to do it, but beleive me you will have the best cardio ever and you will be cut as ever especially if it incorporates push ups and a**ominal drills in it.

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    I was wondering about the same thing.
    Well, I do have a 125Lb kickboxing bag right in my basement, brand new, ready to use, been hanging there for over a year, used it couple of times, but always ripped the fvcking skin of my hands.
    Thing is I get more tired and sweaty in much less period of time than running or biking. It's got to work. I guess I'll just do it, but don't punch as hard...see I like to have skin on my hands. I got some straps and stuff, but takes some practice do it properly. I remember first time I used them, I messed something up because after I took them off... a nice 1" piece of skin was missing... BURNS as hell!
    I'll box some tonight!

Good luck

epc512 is offline Associate Member
    all valid poiints...yea the reason why i asked was because i knew boxing would def lose fat but probably some muscle too....i guess that wouldnt be the way to go because i want to stay the same weight or within 5 lbs when i start to cut and boxing would prolbably get me to lose a boat load.

Why do You think it Would make You loose muscle ?

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    If you are trying to lose a substantial amount of weight by just exercising, diet or both you will lose some lean mass.

True that, this is why You gotta keep that diet in check.
    See in my case..I am on bulking diet right now, I want to do it just to maintain the fat instead of getting more of it.

Thread Information