lifta_00 is offline Associate Member

Fast twitch slow twitch chest training twice a week

hey bros i want to add more mass to my chest i have been training it one day a week with all the "foundation movements" plus isolation ones. it gets a good variation but i have a question.

say i went to the gym on a monday and did heavy presses like bench incline flat decline with barbells and dumbells around the 4-6 rep range. this would be to stimulate the fast twitch. then on a thursday night came and did flys around the 30 rep range to train the slow twitch fibres i know that sounds high but i want to make sure i really work them. would this help put on some mass. i would only run this program for around two weeks then switch back and fourth. any good?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    No, the only thing your going to really be doing is messing up your shoulders.
    You hit the slow twitch fibers too when you do a bench and other exercises. When you perform an exercise you will use all the fiber types that each muscle has. What differs for each muscle is the predominate fiber type in each muscle group and what function the muscle group is designed for. For example if you do a light set of 20 reps on bench you not only hit the fast twitch you also hit the slow twitch. What happens is as you fatigue the muscle, you start to recruit more and more fast twitch motor units to fire as the fast twithc fibers begin to fatigue. The slow twitch will start to recruit more fibers later on in the set since they are more resistant to fatigue. No particular rep range or set scheme seems to be more effective than the next according to current liturature. The best thing that I can tell you is to get a health balance of unilateral and bilateral movements with different intensities and weight ranges. Variety is the key to stimulating the muscle to grow.

The Legend is offline Junior Member
    i wish i could justy pack on some mass on my chest, seems like it my chest stopped growing a long time ago. weak shoulders dont help me though

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by The Legend
    i wish i could justy pack on some mass on my chest, seems like it my chest stopped growing a long time ago. weak shoulders dont help me though
    stop working your chest, and work your back and tri's the go to work on your chest after 6 weeks off..

that'll get her done..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

passthetest is offline Member
    6 weeks off? Thats a long time to not being working out your chest.

6 weeks how about 2??

dogfight is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lifta_00
    hey bros i want to add more mass to my chest i have been training it one day a week with all the "foundation movements" plus isolation ones. it gets a good variation but i have a question.

say i went to the gym on a monday and did heavy presses like bench incline flat decline with barbells and dumbells around the 4-6 rep range. this would be to stimulate the fast twitch. then on a thursday night came and did flys around the 30 rep range to train the slow twitch fibres i know that sounds high but i want to make sure i really work them. would this help put on some mass. i would only run this program for around two weeks then switch back and fourth. any good?
    please correct me if im wrong but i think you got it wrong lifta. the heavy movements use for slow twitch.(?) and the fast twitch is what sabilizes your movement an keeps it smooth. im i wrong??? if i am please tell me but i think your backwards bro

haha yeah bro i got the fibres around the wrong way.

Thread Information