Thread: time off

scrapakilla is offline Associate Member

time off

Hi i understand it is good to get time off every few months. For me i have been feeling overtrained lately and rundown and havent taking a break for about 4 months. My question is this, when it is your respective 7 days away from the gym should you keep the rest active or extremely sedentary. What would beenfit the body better? I am going on vacation so i could just as easily get a few golf rounds in and do some rock climbing and snowboarding as i could just be sedentary and sit there all day hanging out which i have no problems with. what is body asking for in this time of rest, some light active rest workouts or sedentary style of lving

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't take time OFF... just to do it. I only give my body a break when it gets broken/injured. Other than this... not at all. I give it a good rest all the time, good nutrition, that's all it needs.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Do either/or its a vacation and you need to enjoy it, hell I wouldnt even stress about getting in X number of meals. Alot of overtraining stems in the mind too. The advantage is that in the back of your mind you'll think I NEED to lift but dont. That way your intensity will be higher when you get back in the swing of things, where are you going?

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MFT81
    Do either/or its a vacation and you need to enjoy it, hell I wouldnt even stress about getting in X number of meals. Alot of overtraining stems in the mind too. The advantage is that in the back of your mind you'll think I NEED to lift but dont. That way your intensity will be higher when you get back in the swing of things, where are you going?
    Exactly!
    If this is a vacation, go and ejnoy it! Don't be sweating it, that You will miss workouts etc. Free Your mind, relax..have great time, when You come back You`ll hit it hard again. Nothing worst than beeing stressed out.

-DedicateD- is offline Member
    i used to NEVER take a day off unless i was injured/sick

i now take off 1 week every 2 months or so and its working out well...i dont get hurt nearly as much and im always eager to get back into the gym when the week is up

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    It takes around a week to 12 days for your body to loose cardiovascular capacity from detraining. It take about two months to loose strength.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I take every 8th week off and do the other things i enjoy, whether i'm hurt or not like rock/ice climbing, surfing, etc. Every single time, when i go back to the gym, my lifts go up.

Thread Information