SAUCYgator is offline Junior Member

lack of soreness puzzling...help!!

whats up boys,
    ive been training for about 10 years so i have a good routine, technique and knowledge when it comes to my body....BUT lately i have not been getting as sore as i am accustomed too(especially w/the biceps and triceps). To combat this i have been training heavy and until complete fatigue to the point where i cant physically lift anymore. As hard as i lift the next i feel almost no soreness in my arms at all. This irritates me because i feel like i make the most gains when i have that great day after workout mild pain.
    Any suggestions/tips on the subject would be greatly appreciated!!
    sg

cwhid is offline Junior Member
    judging the sucess of your workouts based on soreness is a surefire way to fail. Since your a gator I will hold off on the smartass comments. But seriously read the sticky'd post by warrior entitled guidelines for growth.

Tbone1975 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAUCYgator
    whats up boys,
    ive been training for about 10 years so i have a good routine, technique and knowledge when it comes to my body....BUT lately i have not been getting as sore as i am accustomed too(especially w/the biceps and triceps). To combat this i have been training heavy and until complete fatigue to the point where i cant physically lift anymore. As hard as i lift the next i feel almost no soreness in my arms at all. This irritates me because i feel like i make the most gains when i have that great day after workout mild pain.
    Any suggestions/tips on the subject would be greatly appreciated!!
    sg
    It happens. Soreness may not be a perfect indicator of growth, but I personally am a big fan of it and try to get it. Arms aren't the easiest thing to get sore IMO. Legs come easy for me, and chest does too. IMO, heavy lifts of 1-3, even 4-5, and I like 6-8 too, will get you sore as long as they are to failure. 1-3 will beat ur sh*t up. Does with me anyway. Close grip bench press, heavy and to failure, beats my tris up when I'm really trying to get sore. With biceps, heavy straight bar curls with a spotter, working all the way up to triples and singles, plateau style, beats em up, followed by heavy preacher with a spot. This sh*t gets me sore. You'd be surprised what those low reps will do for ya. Always though, ya prolly already do, always keep those reps to failure. Virtually any set to failure below 10 will get my legs sore, prolly cause I walk on em, and can feel em all the time, but it does seem like those low reps.......5 and under, give em a beating. Same for chest, hope this helps.

-DedicateD- is offline Member
    if you want to be sore, then just change the exercises you do for each body part

i know when i changed from flat bb chest to incline db the first few weeks i was sore to the touch after every workout

Thread Information