Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member

losing strength on deads...

in the last few months my deadlift strength has shot down dramatically. at my strongest, in about september/october last year, i was deadlifting 405 lbs for 6 comfortable reps. over the past few months, i have had afew problems with my pelvis, which has then given me back trouble (initially brought on by tight hamstrings). I visited a chiropractor several times, and all seems much better. There have been periods where I have avoided deads, but never longer than 3 or 4 weeks. i did deads today, and with 315lbs, i managed 4 reps. what the hell?

granted, at my strongest i was on cycle, but even before that cycle, i was getting 2-3 reps out of 405lbs. i am off cycle now, and consuming less calories (that is, until next week mwahahaha!) so maybe thats why. I has=ve also changed my grip on them, as i usd to alternate my hands, whilst now i adopt the same overhand grip on each side

my question is do you guys ever experience anything similar? i havent lost dramatic strength in any other exercises, just deads, but they have gone from one of my strongest lifts, to a crappy one that gets me frustrated every time

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like you already know why you're struggling with them. Personally i find if i skip any more than a week, i lose strength on deads. Not nearly that much though. I think it's a combination of all of the factors you mentioned.

Thread Information