B.E.N. is offline Member

Waterbury Method (10R x 3S)

I started experimenting with this workout this week. I have found numerous article on this workout by searching Google, but only one on this forum. And that post seemed to be an archive and did not report gains or effectiveness.

The workout (atleast the information I read) claim this was a good hypertrophy program. Correct me if I am wrong but is hypertrophy not best seen at medium rep and set ranges with aroud 80% 1RM?

I would be interested to hear other's opinions/critiques of this program?

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    To me, it seems totally retarded. Too many muscle groups per day, deadlifts (especially "partial dumbell deadlifts"? wtf?) only one rest day away from squats, a couple of exercises with questionable value (see "partial dumbell deadlifts... again, wtf?), and too many days with just cardio. Two thumbs down for me.

Then again, show me someone that's gotten great results from it, and i'd probably have to give it a go myself.

I don't have any problem at all with the ten sets of three mindset. I just think the way he set up the weekly workouts is bloody awful.

B.E.N. is offline Member
    I change the partial deadlift and just do standard stiff leg deadlifts. But I agree with you on the rest days. The superset of deadlift/d-bell shoulder press is pretty nasty if you are truely only taking the 60 sec rest.

What do you know about the 3x10 rep set range? Anyone think this would be practical for hypertrophy?

Thread Information