Thread: No Arms!!!!

defend79 is offline New Member

No Arms!!!!

Ive been working outon and off for about 5 yrs now. just started getting serious about 8 months ago. Every muscle on my body is growing exept for my ARMS!! i have a very steady workout plan and eat right and do all the right things because every other muscle is growing. Any reason on why my arms really arent? im so tired of it. THANKS

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    It's strange, but i've found that the majority of people i've talked to who have trouble building their arms have an arms day. I on the other hand, never had an arms day, and never had a problem with my arms.

briancb1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    It's strange, but i've found that the majority of people i've talked to who have trouble building their arms have an arms day. I on the other hand, never had an arms day, and never had a problem with my arms.
    I'll go one step further and guess that what Dude is trying to imply is that you might be or other people might be overtraining.

I do have arm days, I don't feel my arms lag, but just like any muscle too much is no good.

I do two exercises specifically for bicepts a week. Heavy barbell/bicept machine/dumbbells, and the other is hammercurls/incline hammercurls/ seated curls. I just switch them around every 3 weeks to keep things fresh.

mbacker79 is offline New Member
    am i overtraining? my splits are
    MON-chest,tri's
    TUE-abs,legs
    WED-back,bi's
    THU-shoulders,forearms
    FRI-abs

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't see any day OFF in there. Your body grows when it rests and recovers... so You tell me.

You might want to put one day off between 2 days of workout.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, switch to M W F approach and alternate the days each week from chest/tri on one week and then do shoulders/ bis on another week.

always make legs and back a priority and plan around doing squats and deads.

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    I've the same problem with my arms, so I'm thinking about is really wrong to "overtrain" the weaker part of the body if it don't wanna grow? Is it best to train less than others?
    Thanks
    ChuckLee

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

Question

Quote Originally Posted by defend79
    Ive been working outon and off for about 5 yrs now. just started getting serious about 8 months ago. Every muscle on my body is growing exept for my ARMS!! i have a very steady workout plan and eat right and do all the right things because every other muscle is growing. Any reason on why my arms really arent? im so tired of it. THANKS
    Given you are training the arms with proper volume using isolation movements and super strict form, I would have to say with 100% certainty it's your genetics.

What does your arm program look like?

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckLee
    I've the same problem with my arms, so I'm thinking about is really wrong to "overtrain" the weaker part of the body if it don't wanna grow? Is it best to train less than others?
    Thanks
    ChuckLee
    You do not need to train weaker parts less than others because even the weaker muscle groups recovery relatively fast. It's the joints, tendons and CNS that struggle.

What you do need is proper periodization! I have found Slingshot Periodization to work best for gaining size.

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    squats.....

felixno9 is offline Junior Member
    I see it this way, there are big muscles and smaller ones, not weaker. So for my bigger muscles, chest, legs, I do heavy weight fewer reps. But for bias, and tric they are smaller and it is harder to put up a lot of weight, so I ust up the reps dude. I super set a lot for bias, and sometimes I throw in a tri set. by the time you finish it you will feel like it was your first day in the gym. try to up your reps on your smaller muscles

sonnygll is offline Member
    Frequently arm problems are from a lack of compound free-weight trunk movements. Pronated back work for forearms, supinated back work for biceps and pressing movements for triceps. 20 sets of machine preacher curls just give you sore elbows. And THAT is what most people seem to do, especially people with little 12" pee shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by SLINGSHOT TRAINING GURU
    You do not need to train weaker parts less than others because even the weaker muscle groups recovery relatively fast. It's the joints, tendons and CNS that struggle.

What you do need is proper periodization! I have found Slingshot Periodization to work best for gaining size.
    I agree that weaker parts recover faster but could this mean that they have to be trained more frequently? Can you Guru kindly explain me in what type of schedule the "SLINGSHOT" period consists?
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckLee
    I agree that weaker parts recover faster but could this mean that they have to be trained more frequently? Can you Guru kindly explain me in what type of schedule the "SLINGSHOT" period consists?
    Thanks
    Heres a link to some sample routines-http://forums.steroid .com/showthread.php?t=314569

Periodization is actually very simple!!!

Slingshot Periodization consists of a PRIME/BLAST/CRUISE. The anabolic prime is about intentionally creating a controlled catabolic state over a two-week time span in order to down-regulate anabolic hormones and receptor sites for androgens. After a two-week anabolic prime, muscle mass and strength gains are maximized by proceeding into a four-week blasting phase where androgen receptor sites are up-regulated and every anabolic hormone in the body is at its peak. Adaptation begins to set in after a four-week blasting phase and a 2 week cruising phase is taken to allow the muscle-strength gains to be fully manifested.

There are only 3 phases needed to succeed in bodybuilding. I coined the phrase Slingshot Periodization to define these 3 phases. 1) ANABOLIC PRIME (in order to make further progress in muscle size/strength one must use strategic de-conditioning for 2 weeks so that when the muscles are exposed to a higher volume phase they will experience a very rapid training effect. 2) ANABOLIC BLAST (one must move to a highly specialized training phase for 4 weeks and train each muscle group with higher volume to fully traumatize the muscle tissue. 3) ANABOLIC CRUISE (involves a 2 week phase where you train each muscle group with less volume so heavier weights can be lifted and gains can become fully realized).

Activity Phase
    Time Period
    (in sequence)

Muscle Definition and de-conditioning (the "anabolic prime”)
    2 weeks

Mass and Strength (the “anabolic blast”)
    4 weeks

Strength and Mass (the “anabolic cruise”)
    2 weeks

Summary for the STS

1) Weeks 1 and 2 (anabolic prime) use low volume (2 sets per body part once a week). Add aerobics if needed to increase insulin sensitivity.

2) Weeks 3, 4, 5 and 6 (anabolic blast) use high volume (10 sets per body part once a week) No aerobics allowed under any circumstances.

3) Weeks 7 and 8 (anabolic cruise) use moderate volume (6 set per body part once a week) No aerobics unless needed to improve insulin sensitivity.

4) Weeks 3-8 (blast and cruise) make up the 6 week mass phase
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 10-10-2007 at 09:26 AM.

Looks great!
    Thank you Guru

qualityclrk1 is offline Senior Member
    My arms grow quicker than anything....i have no problem putting on size quick, just make sure your taking ur tricep workout serious, and not just thinking ur biceps are what makes your arms big....my chest is the slowest grower =( here is my workout
    Monday- Chest Tri's Shoulders
    Wednesday- Back, Biceps, Traps, Fore-arms
    Friday- Legs

sonnygll is offline Member
    Your tri's could be taking too much load off your chest. When you bench press, superset with flys. With flys after of course. You could even pre-fatigue tris and then concentrate on the lower part of the bench press, with a fairly wide grip. Or do more dumbbell press.

I think the very best option would be to have 2 sets of dumbbells. Take the lighter pair and do a couple reps of laying extensions to pre-fatigue tris. Then drop them and do dumbbell bench press, then grab the light ones again and do flys. Just do parts 2 and 3 until you get as close to failure as you need for the training protocol you are following.

Also do all chest sets before direct shoulder or arm work, but I'm sure you already know that.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm just throwing this out there to complete the list of possible causes

I've noticed many people doing bis get it wrong because they "cheat" without knowing it, and it is very easy to do because arms are possibly the most versatile part of the body. Also, the cheating is not apparent to the third person because the form may look right but only the person doing it will know if they are using momentum or delts to help get the weight up. Maybe try going lighter and REALLY finding that sweet spot where you feel the burn at exactly the right spot at every contraction.

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    hate to break it to you my man......but if you want 20-22 inch arms, you are going to need to be 240-250 pounds and hard

most likely, your arms are in proportion to your body....and your body is small

bigdog123 is offline Junior Member
    do ur arms on one day ....start with tri's and do alot of free weights but keep the form right... for the bi's dont forget the hammers curls....do not do preacher curls ... all free weights and barbells for bi's... my 2 cents ...gl eat right .. !

Quote Originally Posted by defend79 View Post
    99 percent of the time, guys who think their arms are't growing like they should be, are delusional. i would say their is a 99 percent chance your arms are perfectly in proportion to the rest of your body......you are not going to have 20-21 inch arms unless you are 3.5-4 pounds of muscle per inch and hard.

if you really are the 1 percent.....you are going to have to face the facts that your genetics will not allow you to have large arms......or you are overtraining/undereating

hope this helps

lol, this thread is old huh? i just typed my last response, looked up, adn sure enough, i said the exact same tihng a month ago

IamtheChitt is offline Associate Member
    The secret to big arms is to concentrate on your triceps. Triceps make up 2/3 of the entire arm. Biceps are only 1/3. If you increase the size of your triceps, your arms will be larger and give the impression of bigger biceps. Oh and of course, squats! Just my opinion.....

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post
    lol, this thread is old huh? i just typed my last response, looked up, adn sure enough, i said the exact same tihng a month ago
    lol yep

and as far as arms go. I do them everyday, 6 times a day, yep thats right

WHACK IT!

cockMOTHAeffinDIESEL is offline Junior Member
    i thought this thread looked familiar...lol

Quote Originally Posted by mbacker79 View Post
    am i overtraining? my splits are
    MON-chest,tri's
    TUE-abs,legs
    WED-back,bi's
    THU-shoulders,forearms
    FRI-abs
    i like how you're doing push pull......my workout is similar to what you do....and to be honest- probably just because of my genetics- but my arms grow faster than anything... My chest is what lags....

monday- Chest, Triceps, Shoulders
    Tuesday- off day (but u could throw in ur abs)
    Wednesday- Back, Biceps, Forearms, Traps
    Thursday- Off
    Friday- Legs & abs

people normally question me on my wednesday "doesn't that seem alittle much for one day?"....i can get my workout done in under an hour and 10 mins w/no bull shit...i'll do three exercises for my back (rows, lat pulls, w/e else) and i'll do 3 sets of each trying to get 10 reps (but in reality i'll only get 4, 5, or 6 on that last set.....same goes for my biceps, forearms i generally will just do some forearms curls w/dumbbells, and then traps just 4 sets of shrugs....Remember that you have 5 muscles in ur arm (simplified - not including brachialis, delt, etc.) but u have Biceps (2 headed), and triceps (3 headed)...so reasoning would tell you to work ur tri's hard, since they make up the majority of your arm

Lmao i just repeated myself as well lol F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information