Sheridan is offline Junior Member

My running affecting my gains?

Well i am 18, 6'3'' 173 lbs...i run around 40 miles a week..the supplements i am taking now are whey protein, cell-tech, promagnon-25 and novedex-xt...how badly does my running prohibit my gains? and also should i stop taking the cell-tech since creatine pumps water into your muscles and then i sweat it all off when i run because i sweat a shit load any more...my routine looks like this...school, lifting, running, work. with arms on monday, wedensday is chest, thursday is legs and friday is back and shoulders. My days off are tue, sat. and sun....i take tue. off because it's the day of my track meets.
    Last edited by Sheridan; 04-09-2007 at 01:05 PM.

loadedgunz is offline New Member
    what type of physique are you going for? i usually run about 20 miles/week just to keep the love handles away. if you're 6'3, 170 i'd def. knock down the cardio. (especially since you're on creatine and protein.) i don't think you're gonna gain the mass you're looking for running 40 miles per wk. btw, you are not alone in sweating like a pig on creatine. also, unless you're a marathon runner i'd cut it down from 40 anyway. you're joints will thank you later.

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    Sheridan, I use to run all the time too, I could not put weight on no matter what I did. I thought running was holding my lifting back so I stop. Well, I was right, my weight and strength went up fast but it was a trade off. The next time I went running I felt like a fat stiff pig. It basicly comes down to what your goals are, it's best, IMO, to do both. 40/wk is about 6miles a day, that's a lot and something you should be proud of however if you want to put some more size and strength on you will have to cut back. I don't take any of those supplements(except protien) so I don't know what to say about those. GL

Thread Information