pocketboy is offline New Member

Swim and bodybuilding, good or bad ?

Hello,

I'll start a new programm (MAX-OT) next monday (I'm on a week off).

But I would know if it's great to begin to swim (you know, at the swimming pool :d) (a thing like 2-3 times a week, if you know the optimum number, please tell me) to enhance muscles growth and stamina ?

I don't really know how to swin very fast, but I'll practise each time I'll go

Thanks a lot,

regards
    Last edited by pocketboy; 08-09-2007 at 09:13 AM.

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pocketboy
    Hello,

I'll start a new programm (MAX-OT) next monday (I'm on a week off).

But I would know if it's great to begin to swin (a thing like 2-3 times a week, if you know the optimum number, please tell me) to enhance muscles growth and stamina ?

I don't really know how to swin very fast, but I'll practise each time I'll go

Thanks a lot,

regards
    i have no clue what you are asking here.... i do not know what the max ot program is but any cardio is good for you....

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by pewntang
    ii do not know what the max ot program is
    It's just slightly different form H.I.T

http://www.freedomfly.net/Documents/MAX-OT.pdf

EDIT: i allmost 4got i also have no clue what you are asking
    Last edited by S.P.G; 08-09-2007 at 09:24 AM.

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    It's just slightly different form H.I.T.
    thanks man...

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    I use to swim all the time and it's hard to lift heavy(powerlifting or body building) and swim also. It starts to hurt my shoulders mainly the rotator cuffs. Once you start to put some size on your form goes down the drain. Swimming is an excellent cardio work out but I have found it awefully hard to incorporate with a weight lifting routine. The only way it works is if you make swimming your top proirty and weight lifting second, as a compliment to your swimming. Vise versa never worked for me.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by kfrost06
    I use to swim all the time and it's hard to lift heavy(powerlifting or body building) and swim also. It starts to hurt my shoulders mainly the rotator cuffs. Once you start to put some size on your form goes down the drain. Swimming is an excellent cardio work out but I have found it awefully hard to incorporate with a weight lifting routine. The only way it works is if you make swimming your top proirty and weight lifting second, as a compliment to your swimming. Vise versa never worked for me.
    agree 100% . i used to be a life guard when i was a kid, i ahd to swim my ass off daily to get in shape to pass the tests, my lifting went to piss because i was to worn out form the swimming, it was VERY counterproductive, it is like trying to be a cross country runner and an olympic lifter, you cant do both....welll you can, but you wont do either well."a jack of all trades is a master of nothing" i say maybe swim one day a wk, dont beat the shite out of yourself, and for other cardio,pick some lower impact exercises

Thread Information