Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by F4iDom View Post
    Thanks for all this information. I've been lifting for several years and hit a rut, this program has taken me out of that rut. I'm still amazed by the increase in chest, I didn't think this would happen when I looked at the volume for chest but man, I finished one training cycle and max went from 365 to 385. Not bad considering I've been trainining for 9 years.

I have a question about cardio (I never do it). I plan to do cardio after lifting. I will not be doing cardio durring the blast phase. I'm currently 5'6" 177 lbs. 9% b.f. (I maintain this with no cardio) I'd like to maintain 7%-8% b.f. Would 30 minutes durring the prime (4 days per week) and 20 minutes durring the cruise (4 days per week) be sufficient? I guess what I'm asking is whats the least amount of cardio I can get away with (providing no change in diet) and drop 1-2% b.f.?
    Awesome work F4iDom!!! That's what Slingshot Training is all about..

I would start by trying approximately 30 minutes 5 days per week during the prime and about 30 minutes 3 times per week during the cruise. You can also do one weekly cardio session of 30 minutes during the blast.

Bccornut is offline Junior Member
    Hey Ronnie, Or The Guru as I see everyone is calling you, i have been reading up on this thread and ubers thread and I have been impressed by the gains and all the information that I have come across...Honestly i've never thought about taking training seriously just used it during high school for football purposes...now im a jr. in college and I am honestly fed up of being out of shape...I'm inexperienced on perfecting the right diet and workout plan, so i was hoping that I could gain some knowledge and or info from you as i see that everyone has gained from your program....heres a tad bit about me..6'0, 235lbs last time I weighed myself at the gym and when i got my Bf checked about 2months ago it was 30%....as you can see im a little on the big side, always have been My goals are to cut down I need help...Thanks Guru

Blog Entries

Exclamation

I'm really slammed at the gym right now. I will get to everyones questions and PM'S on saturday.

Thank you so much for your patience.

Ronnie

moush is offline Senior Member
    Ronnie is sorry for his absence he has been unable to log in due to computer issues and will get to his pm's as soon as things are cleared up.

Mr. Rowland is offline New Member

Red face Finally!!!

I've been unable to login for the last two weeks. For some reason my e-mail would not go through to the admin and I must have been using the wrong password?

I will go e-mail the admin right now and let him know I had to change my user name to Mr.Rowland and re-register. Hopefully we can get my user name changed back to Ronnie Rowland. Please re-send pms to Mr.Rowland until this issue is resolved. I will add some updates to Slingshot Training this week for the more advanced bodybuilders here on the Anabolic Review board. One is a 12 week training cycle as opposed to an 8 week.

GLAD TO BE BACK!

RoaringMad Mac is offline New Member
    I tried as well to tell them.

Blog Entries

Unhappy Not sure whats going on???

Thanks Mac and Moush!

Not exactly sure what's going on with my account. I have now registered for the 3rd time using Ron Rowland this time around.

I am going to make 25 quick post and pm a mod. I have been unable to reach the ADMIN. My e-mail accounts show failure delivery every single time I try.
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 05-22-2008 at 07:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 05-26-2008 at 12:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    Updates coming as soon as my account is fixed!
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 05-23-2008 at 06:29 PM.

*Admin* is offline AR Admin
    I am hoping we have the problem fixed...
    Every man has the ability to be a fool, it is what he does to recover that shows who the fool really is.
    ~Anonymous~

Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
    ~Aldous Huxley~

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days! - www.SteroidCleanse.com

Help Stop Steroid Abuse - Click Here!

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by *Admin* View Post
    I am hoping we have the problem fixed...
    So far, so good!

thank you,

Ronnie

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Bccornut View Post
    Hey Ronnie, Or The Guru as I see everyone is calling you, i have been reading up on this thread and ubers thread and I have been impressed by the gains and all the information that I have come across...Honestly i've never thought about taking training seriously just used it during high school for football purposes...now im a jr. in college and I am honestly fed up of being out of shape...I'm inexperienced on perfecting the right diet and workout plan, so i was hoping that I could gain some knowledge and or info from you as i see that everyone has gained from your program....heres a tad bit about me..6'0, 235lbs last time I weighed myself at the gym and when i got my Bf checked about 2months ago it was 30%....as you can see im a little on the big side, always have been My goals are to cut down I need help...Thanks Guru
    The Slingshot Training Cutting System!

You should perform 8-12 sets per major body part only once a week while utilizing 2-3 exercises per body part hwne trying to get ripped. For example, quads could be 4 sets of squats, 4 sets of lunges on smith machine and 4 sets of leg extensions. You will want to start out with high reps and finish with a low rep set. No need in working in the 4-5 rep range when cutting and there's certainly no need for doing a power set during the second set with a key movement. When dieting down the risk of injury is too great for such training. Basically, you are blasting the entire duration to eat up glycogen levels and burn calories. Here's how you want to pyramid after warm up sets if you do 4 sets per exercise-

Squats-
    1st set is a high rep set (12-15 reps) to good failure
    2nd set is a medium rep set (8-10 reps) to good failure
    3rd set is a medium rep set (8-10 reps) to good failure
    4th set is a low rep set (6-8 reps) to good failure)

Smith machine lunges-

Leg extensions-

Here's how to pyramid using 3 sets per exercise to good failure

Squats-
    3rd set is a low rep set (6-8 reps) to good failure)

Smith machine lunges-

Leg extensions-

This program will work using any split. Here's a sample diet plan using the 5 day per week training split.

Eating to lose bodyfat
    Just as you have to periodize your training, the nutrition plan must also be periodized. Staying on a low calorie/low carb diet for too long will not just lead to fat loss, but a lot of muscle loss as well. A huge mistake most people make when trying to lose body fat is sticking with the same exact calorie-carb reduced meal plan seven days a week or redcuing calories too much up front. This will not work optimally because the body has a finely tuned system that protects itself from starvation mode. When the body feels threatened it begins to store bodyfat as opposed to releasing it after only a short few weeks! By including two weekly carb up/calorie up days it tricks the human body into believing it’s getting a huge calorie surplus and –hence negating the slowing down of the metabolism that comes from calorie depletion. Relying on fibrous carbs helps improve ones conditioning. Everyone should think of high-fiber foods as a diet aid. Every carb you take in should have a decent amount of fiber in it. Slowing down carb absorption also helps keep your energy up longer during the day when dieting. If you take in 30 grams of carbs that are absorbed quickly, you're going to process them quickly, and then you're going to feel tired and depleted. When you take in the same amount of carbs with a high amount of fiber, they'll stay in your system longer, and you'll have a lot more energy. The fiber also slows down the digestion of protein. The longer that it takes your body to process the protein, the more efficiently it will use each gram!

I continue to read a lot about the separation of carbs and fats in the same meal.

It's been my experience that separating carbs and fats is the best route when trying to lose bodyfat or when staying at maintenance levels and leaning out. When trying to gain as much size-strength humanly possible you need to eat both carbs and fats in the same meals along with your protein. Doing so produces a synergistic muscle building effect that trumps what the separation of carbs and fats can provide.

Take this information and apply it to your goals. Fat intake should be low during a cutting phase using carb cycling. Most of your fats should be for dinner in the form of olive oil on a salad, etc, meat and a pre-bedtime meal such as smart balance peanut butter or almonds and awhey shake. Carb/protein meals are utlized earlier in the day for energy when carb cycling. At night you need less carbs unless you train late. When you are not in ketosis you'll need the carbs for energy. If you decided to use ketosis you need more fats for energy. I am of the opinion that carb cycling is safer when used long but ketosis is still a great way to lose bodyfat and preserve muscle size when calories are reduced gradually. When following carb cycling or ketosis, calories can be reduced by around 300 in weekly increments when cardio is not used. If you eventually reach a sticking point with cardio cals can still be reduced. WHen follwing the ketosis diet take in no more than 40 grams for carbs each day. Have one designated day (example:Sunday) were you carb up for a meal or two. You will be back in ketosis by the next morning.

When carb cycling, I would start out using a three low, one high-two low, one high carb rotation. On the low carb days take in about 100-125 grams of carbs and 250 or more carb grams on high carb days. So, you should use a 3 low-1 high-2 low-1 high weekly carb/calorie rotation. Monday-low, Tuesday-low, Wednesday-high (carbs clean on the first carb up day (day 3) after training lats a hard body part, Thursday-low, Friday-low, Saturday-high (have one cheat meal) because leg training on friday will make you hungry, Sunday-low. Add in some junk food carbs like pizza in one meal with the second carb up day (day 6 Saturday). The extra sugar is going to boost your metabolism, make you sharper in regards to your diet the rest of the week and give you something to look forward to-“big-time”. You have to be disciplined but you need a day to look forward to each week where you can ease the cravings for junk food. By saturday night your muscles will be absolutely full and vascular from all the extra glycogen stored in the muscles. Do this for 8 weeks!

Cardio should be kept low up front and bumped up every 2 weeks if needed. For example:

Weeks 1-2 could be 15 minutes of cardio 5 days per week post training or in morning on empty stomach.
    Weeks 3-4 could be 30 minutes of cardio 5 days per week post training or in morning on empty stomach.
    Weeks 5-6 coud be 45 minutes of cardio 5 days per week post training or in morning on empty stomach.
    Weeks 7-8 could be 60 minutes of cardio 5 days per week post training or in morning on empty stomach
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 05-30-2008 at 04:55 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information