importeater91 is offline Member

chest one side bigger than the other

after my workout today i was standing in the mirror and noticed that one side of my chest is bigger(right). to me its very noticeable. what can i do to try and equal them out. when im working out i try to use equal force but i guess im not. what can i do?

any one?

pvit486 is offline Junior Member
    Use dumbbells!

i do but i switch off between dumb bells and the bars...ill just stick to the dumb bells and see what happens i guess

yungfaceb3 is offline Associate Member
    yeah, using dumbells is probabaly your best bet. I used to use pretty much only dumbells and when I started usuing babrell again my strength and size went up pretty quickly. I still use dumbells for my incline presses almost always and every 3rd-4th workout or so I'll use all dumbells for flat, incline, and decline. Normally I do flat bb, db incline, flyes, and parallel dips. BB flat bench produces to much strength and growth for me to discontinue, but I have noticed that my right pec has grown a lot more than my leftin the middle/ lower portion of the chest. It is because I am right handed and right side dominant, so natuarlly, even though it feels like both sides are applying equal force, my right side is pushing more instinctively. this is probably your problem too. So what I do is..at the end of every chest workout I will do about 3 sets of flat dumbell presses to failure and then do a set or two with just my left side. Sometimes I will just do 3-4 sets extra with my left side at the end. I just started this about 3-4 weeks ago...it isnt evened up yet or anything..but tomorrow is chest day again and I am going to start usuing a little bit more heavier and intense sets for this side to force it to catch up. good luck.

SwiftMove83 is offline Associate Member
    I had the same problem..still do, but its much much better...
    I started using more dumbell workouts and focused on form(Form is most important).
    They have really started to become pretty even now.

bella-K is offline Female Member
    So what.

One side of your body all was has larger fetchers. Look at your feel i bet there 1/2 size different.

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Use 1 arm rotating dumbbell presses for equal reps. This has helped even out my chest a ton. Although my chest will never be to even because my body is kinda off center as in my rib cage on the left side sticks out further making my left pec bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by yungfaceb3
    yeah, using dumbells is probabaly your best bet. I used to use pretty much only dumbells and when I started usuing babrell again my strength and size went up pretty quickly. I still use dumbells for my incline presses almost always and every 3rd-4th workout or so I'll use all dumbells for flat, incline, and decline. Normally I do flat bb, db incline, flyes, and parallel dips. BB flat bench produces to much strength and growth for me to discontinue, but I have noticed that my right pec has grown a lot more than my leftin the middle/ lower portion of the chest. It is because I am right handed and right side dominant, so natuarlly, even though it feels like both sides are applying equal force, my right side is pushing more instinctively. this is probably your problem too. So what I do is..at the end of every chest workout I will do about 3 sets of flat dumbell presses to failure and then do a set or two with just my left side. Sometimes I will just do 3-4 sets extra with my left side at the end. I just started this about 3-4 weeks ago...it isnt evened up yet or anything..but tomorrow is chest day again and I am going to start usuing a little bit more heavier and intense sets for this side to force it to catch up. good luck.
    thanks man ill def give that a shot

ive been working each side of the chest individually and it isnt seem to be straighting it out. my right is noticably bigger than the left now..ive been doing what ever my max is with my left(the smaller one) then do what ever i did with my left the same to the right - rest - then i will work out my left - rest - then i will repeat...am i over working my left? should i do my max/heavy with my left(smaller/weaker side) and then really light with the right?

Scrat is offline New Member
    IMO, do not try to do more work than what you already do. I use to have the same problem and when someone was spotting me they pointed out that my left elbow flared out more than my right. So, my left pec was a bit bigger since the flared elbow was taking stress off of the tricep (in turn, since my right elbow was nice and tucked, my right tricep was a bit bigger than the left). If there's nothing wrong with your elbows or minor flaws in your technique then, unfortunately, it's genetics.

so you think if i drop the weight in the stronger one and keep it heavy on the weaker one. do you think that will do the trick?

Thread Information