midnight777 is offline Associate Member

Need some pointers

I was working out with a trainer for over 6 months... I am working out early in the am, the guy I usually lift with now hardly shows... Say for chest what is the best way to go without a spotter and for shoulders. thanks for any advice.. should i finish my last set on the smith machine..

Chuck_R is offline Member
    Without a training partner I'd say you have to chose between doing your set stopping just short of failure(which isn't always bad).....or ask a fellow gym member to spot.....or if you have no one, use a combo of free weights to began and machines to finish off.
    Just my opinion and experience.

OR you can not put collars on the bars you are using and in a do or die situation just dump each side of plates....makes quite a scene tho'.

I'm always willing to give a guy a spot.
    Last edited by Chuck_R; 12-07-2007 at 11:58 PM.

Chuck_R is offline Member
    I do understand your delimma as it's always best to have a partner to hold you accountable and to push you. Doing it on your own takes more self discipline and more strength.

JuicedUpCanuk is offline Associate Member
    I have never used a spotter dont trust any one , and I lift some heavy wieght . If you cant do it on your own than you are just cheating yourself . But saying that I have a cage in my gym downstairs ,and use it for just about everything . Set your safety bars and away you go . Learn to use the cage it can be your best bro . I use the cage for safety and HEAVY METAL to push me into new limits .

mmmmma is offline Junior Member
    if you're in doubt about a set, ask someone to spot you. I work out alone 90% of the time and I only usually need a spot on my last set.

LittleNate is offline Junior Member
    anyone in the gym will give you a spot bro...unless theyre a complete a hole

Thread Information