Thread: Shockin my legs

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member

Shockin my legs

Hey guys I was thinkinga bout trying a routine that would have me hitting my legs about twice a week to bring up their strength and add some more size to my quads. I already have a very solid base to go off of from years of bodybuiling based workouts.

I was wondering if a heavy high intensity day and a lighter rep out day would be beneficial for a month or two?

I was thinking of gearing it towards heavy squats, leg presses and leg curls on one day and repping out on 75% max front squats, extensions and stiffys the other day.

It would be spaced out accordingly so I wouldn't overtrain as I know how to gauge my bodies need for rest pretty well.

Let me know what you all think.

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO its less what and how much as it is different and not overtraining... so yes sounds like a great way to shock your legs...

Undecided09 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soulstealer View Post
    IMO its less what and how much as it is different and not overtraining... so yes sounds like a great way to shock your legs...
    I agree...And I have taken a similar approach to this before, going heavy on a monday, and lighter for more reps on a thursday...

Although I did squats on the lighter day ironically...

it looked like this....

day 1(Heavy)

Hack Squats, 4-5 sets, reps of 8,6,4,6,4

Leg Press Superset with Leg Ext:

4 sets 8-10 reps

Stiff Leg Deadlift:

4 sets, 8-10 reps

Standing calf Raise:

7-8 sets....6-10 reps

Day 2 (Light)

Deep Squats, 4 sets, 12-15 reps

Dumbbell Step ups (onto a lower bench/box)

3 sets, 8-10 reps

Dumbbell Lunges

3 sets, 10-12 reps

Lying Hamstring Curl:

4 sets, 12-15 reps

Seated Calf raise:
    4 sets, 15-20 reps...

(some Pics attached of my success with this routine)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shockin my legs-side-chest.jpg   Shockin my legs-most-muscular-1.jpg   Shockin my legs-most-muscular.jpg  

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    here's a workout designed by swole cat...

4 sets of leg extensions at 20 reps LIGHT WEIGHT. your 20th should be slightly difficult but nothing strenuous.
    superset those with hamstring curls. again 20 reps at light weight.

rest 2 minutes between sets.

after your last set rest 3 minutes.

now you squat. use a weight that you can do 15 times... you are going to do 20. 4 sets of 20. again you should do 20 reps and make sure the top of your thighs is parallel every rep. these are NOT rest paused. do 20 straight in a good fluid motion. rest 3 minutes between each set. and thank me 2 days later when you can't sit to take a crap.

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    here's a workout designed by swole cat...

4 sets of leg extensions at 20 reps LIGHT WEIGHT. your 20th should be slightly difficult but nothing strenuous.
    superset those with hamstring curls. again 20 reps at light weight.

rest 2 minutes between sets.

after your last set rest 3 minutes.

now you squat. use a weight that you can do 15 times... you are going to do 20. 4 sets of 20. again you should do 20 reps and make sure the top of your thighs is parallel every rep. these are NOT rest paused. do 20 straight in a good fluid motion. rest 3 minutes between each set. and thank me 2 days later when you can't sit to take a crap.

Damn, I forgot all about Swole's leg routine! I remember when he first posted that up about four years ago! I may try to incorporate that into my proposed leg routine but I may drop down the sets to three working so I don't run the risk of over training.

440Charger is offline Junior Member
    Have you tried madcows 5x5 routine? You squat 3 x a week on it and and its worked great for me. Its not really a body building routine per say but you'll get some serious strength and size for sure if you're eating. http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow...Linear_5x5.htm

Thread Information