renegade77 is offline New Member

Need to look good for wedding!

Whats up guys,

I have read all of your posts for years and I have to say this forum helped me alot in achieving my goals of playing pro baseball. I need some help. My playing days are over, im only 26 but got a little out of shape after being released from ball.

Im getting married in the bahamas in 8 weeks and need to lose so weight im 180. 5'7". Not sure on my body fat but im out of it. Started working out about 2 weeks ago. Have some "side stuff" to help, but need a good workout. I need to shed the pounds as soon as possible.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Renegade

Information:

My diet is in tacked, im currently doing 25 minutes of cardio and a basic training split. I just dont feel like im doing enough cardio.

Any sort of cardio info and or training split would be great.

thanks
    renegade

help

I know you guys all probably think im a moron for looking for quick results rather than training hard for an extended period of time. Reason I stop lifting was because I had tommy john surgery and am just able to now lift heavy.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Renegade

Lach01 is offline Associate Member
    hey fella, first of all congrats on getting married. best option for cardio imo is interval training, keeps the heart rate and metobalism higher for longer through the day and burns more calories, go for a 45min in the morning on empty stomach run 10mins to warm up at a slight jog then do a 2min sprint followed by a 1min jog followed by a 2min sprint again, repeat this for 20mins or so and then do 10min cool down and do for 3 days a week monday weds and fri over the weekend if you just go for a 45min jog to burn calories dont need to go over board as use your weekend to recover.

for a split training what are you looking for once a week, twice a week, three times aa week etc.

good luck for future bro.

hotbigboy is offline New Member
    i need help to get big

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbigboy View Post
    i need help to get big
    Maybe if you keep posting the same comment in other people's threads you will just magically get big. It's worth a shot...

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Maybe if you keep posting the same comment in other people's threads you will just magically get big. It's worth a shot...
    or magically get banned

crazyhorse1960 is offline Associate Member
    are u trying to lose weight or to get your physique back,either way man, a healthy and low cal diet.proper cardio, work outs ,and rest will do wonders in 8 wks.but remember if your getting married she will love you for who you are and not what you look like.good luck and i wish u you a wonderful wedding!..ps lol BIG,your comments are always short but you get your to the point across nice!...
    Last edited by crazyhorse1960; 03-22-2008 at 07:31 PM.

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    up the cardio to 45 minutes a day. Either in the morning on an empty stomach, or after your workout. Since you are trying to lose weight first, and get all jacked up second I would recomend doing your workout with very little rest between sets and keep the rep range around 10. This will keep your heart rate up there and you will burn more calories this way.

Also be sure to drink A LOT of water and eat around 6 times a day. It will be a rough 8 week sprint but if you really stick to it your bodyfat will drop a good amount.

Thread Information