chainsaw1 is offline New Member

Anyone have article's on...

Training and dieting for "Ectomorphs" I would like to see a discussion of this. Ectomorphs make a small percentage of those in the iron game, mainly because the don't have the body to achieve big time muslce. I have read several books on this but any new info is great.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    well, since you've read many books, mind sharing some interesting info with us first? chances are, you probably know more than we do

lotaquestions is offline Banned
    i dont understand what ectomorphus is, elaborate.

m8intl is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lotaquestions View Post
    i dont understand what ectomorphus is, elaborate.
    Ectomorphs have a high metabolism and burn fat easily. They are naturally thin and usually referred to as "hard gainers" (although they can gain fine if they eat properly).

chainsaw1 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneInTheMembrane View Post
    well, since you've read many books, mind sharing some interesting info with us first? chances are, you probably know more than we do

I never said I know more than anyone else does, that is why I am asking a question. There just isn't as much info out there for ectomorphs because they are a small part of the bodybuilding community. I have just got done reading "Bulking for ectomorphs" it is kind of vague on dieting its kind of the norm just repeating. The training I don't agree with so I did not care for it. I have a alot of books and I take strategies for all of them. Nutrient Timing may be my favorite.

There are alot of things that effect ectomorphs like being insulin resistant, maybe a discussion on that. The book "Building the Perfect Beast Naturally" covers dieting for all somatypes and it is a good read. I am just trying the most efficent way. I read conflicting info some say eat everything, some say lower your carbs, but I am flat all the time. Just looking for some more info.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    IMO, the whole thing with people being endo **** ecto is kinda B.S. I mean yeah, i would be considered an ectomorph, but i dont train any different than what a **** or endo would do. the bottom line is that its hard to gain muscle, lose bf, and get stronger. My point is that just train and diet, and your body will do the rest.

not trying to sound like a dick, just dont pigeon hole yourself.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    lol...

Here's my book on ectomorphs - EAT MORE and TRAIN HEAVY

Check out the thread entitled "hardgainer?" in the diet forum. At the top.

I was a 130lb hardgainer too, until I fixed my diet.

Thread Information