siddy101 is offline Associate Member

Need professional advice, workout in trouble

Hey, thanks for taking a look,

Due to a recent knee injury I have unfortunatly found that performing my leg day safely if no longer an option. Most of my exercises cause great pain and am unable to perform with proper form. Am visiting a doctor tomorrow to find out exactly what I did but thats a different story...

Anyways, with that out the way, my leg day(monday) is now available but am unsure on what bodypart to train for fear of overtraining etc...

Here is my program:

Monday - **Legs**
    Tuesday - chest/tri
    Wednesday - off/cardio
    Thursday - back/bi
    Friday - shoulders/calves
    Sat/sun - off

I Was considering either back/bi or shoulders/calves for monday to hit them twice a week but need some profesional advice on how to re-structure my routine.

Thanks for taking a look

green22 is offline Senior Member
    Well, which one of those body parts are a little weaker??? I would throw in a stubborn body part.

lotaquestions is offline Banned
    im recovering from a pulled hammie (nagging but not severe) i went to a 3-1-3 split, though it is grueling i can afford to take a day off when ever i want b/c i hit the muscles twice a week. sounds confusing, so ill try to lay it out.

sunday-chest (12 sets) and tris (6 sets) not including dips
    monday-bis (12 sets) and back (6 sets) n.i. pullups
    tuesday-shoulders (12 sets) and extra (calves/quads/etc.)
    wed-off
    thursday-tris 12 and chest 6 n.i. dips
    friday-back 12 and bi 6 ni. pullups
    saturday-shoulder 6 and extra

Thanks for the replys fellas good advice,

let me know how this looks

mon - back/bi
    tue - chest/tri
    wed - cardio
    thu - back/bi
    fri - shoulders/calfes

The reason being my bi's are lagging way behind and strength gains are very slow. Hopfully hitting them 2 days a week will speed it up.

lotaquestions is offline Banned
    watch your back/bis not to overttrain, put on the second work out on friday instead of thurs so that they will have three days off. just be aware of it and should be ok.

mick86 is offline Member
    Sorry to hear about the knee injury, hope it recovers quickly. Any news yet on what the damage is? I had a grade 2 tear in my left pectorial major early Jan and its doing pretty well now except for some asymmetry which im not sure that I can do anything about. Its not 100% but im already benching 95kg-100kg for around 8 reps. Flys are another story though

Quote Originally Posted by mick86 View Post
    Sorry to hear about the knee injury, hope it recovers quickly. Any news yet on what the damage is? I had a grade 2 tear in my left pectorial major early Jan and its doing pretty well now except for some asymmetry which im not sure that I can do anything about. Its not 100% but im already benching 95kg-100kg for around 8 reps. Flys are another story though
    Damn bro that sucks i remember you tellin me, I seriosly fear injury like that the most. SOunds like good progress now though, good job.

Apparently iv'e just bruised some cartliage or somthing like that. The man in the white suit reccomended against any heavy exercises for a few months and just to stretch it and do a few moves that will strengthen it. Its starting to feel a little better but I fear that first squat when i'm back into it lol.

take care

Thread Information