Mr_Tobz is offline Junior Member

Ronnie Coleman's technique

I was in barnes and nobles earlier and saw Ronnie Coleman's book.
    He preaches 10-15 reps sometimes to failure.

Is this ok for every lift?

Mr_Tobz is offline Junior Member
    I know the common adage "to each his own,"
    and I'm trying it and so far it's gotten a pretty intense workout.

I implement giant sets super sets etc...and focus more on form than the weight.
    What do you think?

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    try it.

you have to see what works for you.

i tend to stay away from high reps except for warm ups.

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    I think people way over-analyze this kind of thing. What's important is that the muscle gets pushed beyond it's capabilities, forcing it to adapt & grow. Whether that's done with high reps, low reps, whatever, doesn't matter that much. my opinion.

39+1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop77 View Post
    I think people way over-analyze this kind of thing. What's important is that the muscle gets pushed beyond it's capabilities, forcing it to adapt & grow. Whether that's done with high reps, low reps, whatever, doesn't matter that much. my opinion.
    EXACTLY............................. high reps low reps dogcrapping slingshot cross train forced reps negative reps etc etc etc. it all works at different times. whats important in body building is you learn to make the muscle contract with every lift.
    power lifting is different.
    as we say in the football world when watching film "analysis leads to paralysis"

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    agreed. its all about changing your style to keep stressing your muscles to induce hypertrophy. never to get stuck in routine or comfortable weights

39+1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    agreed. its all about changing your style to keep stressing your muscles to induce hypertrophy. never to get stuck in routine or comfortable weights
    yep if you comfortable with the work out your about to do ya better throw on some weights baby change the exercise and reps styles.

TheJuicer is offline Member
    I find higher reps(10-12) to help me with size more then lower(6-8) and I only go to failure on the last set of any exercise. Like today I did chest. Started with In. D.B. press 3 sets...pyramid up last set to failure...then went to Flat D.B. and pyramid up..last set to failure alway 10-12 rep ect.

Legolas is offline Associate Member
    i think your right ,i meen i got bigger on double sets and trisets more than the ordinary training while the coach at the gym told me that trisets and double sets are for cutting and burning the fat more than mass , for me it worked better with muscle mass plus im a lot stronger now .

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    You also have to take into account the insanely heavy weight that Ronnie lifts, and the insane amounts of AS (I'm sure). He also eats like a gorilla.

reardbandit is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 39+1 View Post
    EXACTLY............................. high reps low reps dogcrapping slingshot cross train forced reps negative reps etc etc etc. it all works at different times. whats important in body building is you learn to make the muscle contract with every lift.
    power lifting is different.
    as we say in the football world when watching film "analysis leads to paralysis"
    Dude that is so awesome that you use that quote. This is the only other time I heard that line used. When I was in the Army a million years ago, I was at a particularly difficult school, and I was overanalyzing everything (in my delirious state of mind) trying to make sense of my surroundings. An instructor at the school told me that line, using it as "you're gonna come down with paralysis by analysis." How weird! I thought I was the only person who used that saying

kickinit is offline Member

oh yes...... Its all about what works for you, try them all and see. I have combined several ideas just to make my own. No one thing works for everyone except proper form haha

remotely queued is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tobz View Post
    I was in barnes and nobles earlier and saw Ronnie Coleman's book.
    He preaches 10-15 reps sometimes to failure.

Is this ok for every lift?
    to each his own for sure...but dude have you watched ronnie training on U Tube at all? I swear some of his videos he only does like 6-8 reps and others he does like 20.
    AND ANOTHER THING I ****ing bought Arnold Schwarzenegger's Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding a long time ago and he preaches all about perfect form....then i saw Pumping Iron and the dude is ****ing flailing all over the place during his seated rows.

chart your progress and see which gives you better results. or count reps on youtube like i do. lol.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by remotely queued View Post
    to each his own for sure...but dude have you watched ronnie training on U Tube at all? I swear some of his videos he only does like 6-8 reps and others he does like 20.
    AND ANOTHER THING I ****ing bought Arnold Schwarzenegger's Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding a long time ago and he preaches all about perfect form....then i saw Pumping Iron and the dude is ****ing flailing all over the place during his seated rows.

chart your progress and see which gives you better results. or count reps on youtube like i do. lol.
    good advice, too bad that member hasn't been here in almost a year lol. those dates are there for a reason...

remotely queued is offline Junior Member
    he's probably dead from trying to do too many reps.

but hey the "idea" is still alive. and it's frustrating. hopefully someone will read this and it will help.

morale of the story: every-body (pun intended) is different.

8iron is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by remotely queued View Post
    he's probably dead from trying to do too many reps.

but hey the "idea" is still alive. and it's frustrating. hopefully someone will read this and it will help.

morale of the story: every-body (pun intended) is different.
    lol........good comeback.......... good repost though..........

thabeastmaster is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reardbandit View Post
    Dude that is so awesome that you use that quote. This is the only other time I heard that line used. When I was in the Army a million years ago, I was at a particularly difficult school, and I was overanalyzing everything (in my delirious state of mind) trying to make sense of my surroundings. An instructor at the school told me that line, using it as "you're gonna come down with paralysis by analysis." How weird! I thought I was the only person who used that saying
    hey now....my pops taught me that years ago..."paralysis by analysis"...im a AAAA personality with ocd out the yin yang and i would think and think and think on something till i couldnt do anything about it at all....so add two more people to your list, runnin round with that phrase in their mouth!! lol

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    I think that it does all work, you see all these people that tell you different things, hmmmmmm could that be because it all works? lol yeah just stick with something, switch it from time to time and you'll get big over the course of a few years.

I think the true way to lift and get gains is with, consistency! Oh and keep it in the 8-12 rep range!!!!

Thread Information