HereWeGoAgain is offline Banned

Cutting WITHOUT losing weight???

Ok guys here's my situation. I'm 6'3, 200lbs and if I was taking a random guess I would say 10-12% BF. I will get some pictures up soon for better idea because I have no real clue on BF%. I can see vascularity throughout arms up to shoulders and outline of top abs if that helps at all.

My goal the past 6-8 months was to lose weight and get to where I am now. I have been lifting 5x/week and doing cardio 5x/week also for 20-30 minutes per day (usually first thing in the morning on empty stomach).

I do not want to lose any more weight, just want to cut and build lean muscle, naturally. That leads to my questions.

1) Should I stop doing cardio or should I continue doing cardio but less intensity? (Maybe walking instead of eliptical or jogging?)

2) Should I start slowly raising my caloric intake and bringing up my carb count now? I've been eating extremely clean the past few months with extremely limited cheat meals (maybe one or two a month)

3) I have been lifting where I can do 10-12 reps comfortably per set. Should I be going up in weights and doing less reps for more strain and "muscle work" ?

Any help with how to lean out and cut without actually cutting weight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!!!

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    At points it is common to be able to cut without losing weight, providing you have not hit a plateau with regards to building muscle. Meaning, you are at a point you can put on some muscle weight quite easily. This may not apply to the extremely overweight individual or people nearing professional BB status. But for many of us average joe's I think it most certainly is possible.

If I were you I would walk on the treadmill rather than run allowing you to burn calories without working cardio as much. I would also increase my food intake to help facilitate the increase in muscle desired. Muscle needs food.
    Nothing wrong with 10 reps in my book, but as you build muscle you should be increasing the weights progressively. Do not try to go up so quickly you injure yourself though, but you should always strive to push yourself as much as you feel comfortable.
    Good luck.

HereWeGoAgain is offline Banned
    Thanks for the response. I definitely am not at any plateau. I look forward to hearing more opinions.

dickjones is offline New Member

Reducing fat

Hey all you need is to balance your diet and workout through a proper plan from an expert check out the link below and you'll find it great..............!

http://www.buildingbodymuscles.com/
    Last edited by dickjones; 06-12-2008 at 11:21 PM.

Thread Information