Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 413
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Slingshot Training System

  1. #81
    hockeyguy's Avatar
    hockeyguy is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    US
    Posts
    462
    Ronnie your the man! Thanks for the help and finding that joy of going into the gym again. Thanks

  2. #82
    inevitable's Avatar
    inevitable is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    merica
    Posts
    910
    after spending an hr or so reading this. I do agree with you and the more i think about this it makes that much more sense. Im going to give it a try. ygpm

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    149

    Lightbulb Freaking genius

    Ronnie you are a freaking genius!!!!!! Just got through reading the slingshot cutting diet...makes all the sense in the world my man...

  4. #84
    knerky is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11
    Hey man, I heard you were the one to ask quetions to. Im 5'10, 235ish lbs, currently im hitting the gym in the morning, hittin the treadmill doin 3-4 miles, some jogging and some power walking, however much I can take. After that, Im pretty new to the gym so I dont really know what im doing. Ill go to a machine where i stand up and put weights on the sides, and i push upward into the air with my arms i do reps with those, then i do leg presses with 25 reps of like 180lbs or so, then i do curls with about 40-50 lbs on there, ya im weak... Then I go to the butterfly machine and do 50 lbs of 20-25, then do crunches with a medicine ball of 25.

    In the morning usually ill have some slim fast, or boiled eggs. Lunch, chicken breast and egg salad, and dinner, chicken and rice or little sphagetti.

    Is there anything you can tell me im doing wrong or what to change? Private message or repost on here would help. Oh, and ive been going every day except for saturdays. So far ive went from 245lbs to about 235 lbs.... Im mainly lookin to lose weight and tone up and gain some muscle...

    Or is there anyone willing to help me 1 on 1 on my goals? I dont have the time for a personal trainer and it would mean alot, my email is knerk@charter.net
    Last edited by knerky; 01-19-2009 at 06:17 PM.

  5. #85
    Ronnie Rowland's Avatar
    Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,153
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by knerky View Post
    Hey man, I heard you were the one to ask quetions to. Im 5'10, 235ish lbs, currently im hitting the gym in the morning, hittin the treadmill doin 3-4 miles, some jogging and some power walking, however much I can take. After that, Im pretty new to the gym so I dont really know what im doing. Ill go to a machine where i stand up and put weights on the sides, and i push upward into the air with my arms i do reps with those, then i do leg presses with 25 reps of like 180lbs or so, then i do curls with about 40-50 lbs on there, ya im weak... Then I go to the butterfly machine and do 50 lbs of 20-25, then do crunches with a medicine ball of 25.

    In the morning usually ill have some slim fast, or boiled eggs. Lunch, chicken breast and egg salad, and dinner, chicken and rice or little sphagetti.

    Is there anything you can tell me im doing wrong or what to change? Private message or repost on here would help. Oh, and ive been going every day except for saturdays. So far ive went from 245lbs to about 235 lbs.... Im mainly lookin to lose weight and tone up and gain some muscle...

    Or is there anyone willing to help me 1 on 1 on my goals? I dont have the time for a personal trainer and it would mean alot, my email is knerk@charter.net
    knerk, I would suggest you follow the 3 day per week Slingshot Training System for beginners. It's listed on post 18 in this thread. You can do 3-4 days of cardio on non-lifting days for about 30 minutes.

    In regards to diet, simply keep protein intake around 1.5 grams per pound of body weight, reduce carb calories by 250-500 weekly until you start losing some weight and take in most of your carbs earlier in the day with lean protein before switching over to primarily healthy fats and protein later in the day.

  6. #86
    Ronnie Rowland's Avatar
    Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,153
    Blog Entries
    1

    Smile Okay

    Will catch up on PM'S tommorrow!

    thank you for your patience..

  7. #87
    hockeyguy's Avatar
    hockeyguy is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    US
    Posts
    462
    Ronnie - I was reading in another post that you planned on putting up a video of slingshot training with your new camcorder. Is this something I missed? I would love to see it

  8. #88
    Ronnie Rowland's Avatar
    Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,153
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyguy View Post
    Ronnie - I was reading in another post that you planned on putting up a video of slingshot training with your new camcorder. Is this something I missed? I would love to see it
    In about 2 weeks I should have a video for everyone to see. It will in fact explain Slingshot Training.

  9. #89
    hockeyguy's Avatar
    hockeyguy is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    US
    Posts
    462
    Sweet. I'll be looking for it. Thanks

  10. #90
    Emondo's Avatar
    Emondo is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Craggy Island
    Posts
    145
    cool

  11. #91
    DS21 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    816
    Hi Ronnie,

    I just read your Slingshot article, and think I would like to give it a shot. A few thing about me: I'm 26 about 5'10", weight 230lb, sitting around 15%BF, been training seriously for about 8 years and have done 2 cycles. I was planning on starting my new cycle on the first of March and would like to try your workout system.

    My cycle will be:

    Wk 1-12 350mg prop/wk (I can go higher, but wanted to try it at a lower dose this time)
    Wk 1-10 500mg tren a/wk

    A few question I have is should I start the prime now? If so, I am a little confused on how to do it, exspecially the workout part. I believe you said to only do 4 sets per muscle group per week with only .75grms of protein per body weight? If this is correct, I figure I can start this asap and then start the blast at the begaining of march when I start my cycle.

    I will let you answer this question before I ask any more. Please feel free to add any info you think may help me with the prime.

    I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to post your article. I'm really looking forward to trying it.

    Thanks,

    I also pm you the same thing I just posted. I didn't know if you would rather answer it here just incase others had the same questions (this way you don't have to keep answering the same thing)

  12. #92
    amcon's Avatar
    amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    in the freaking cold
    Posts
    3,846
    before sling shot 185 2 reps behind the neck military press.... after sling shot (done yesterday,+*) 245 5 reps... that is 6 weeks in and 60 lbs for three more reps.

    +* = i started spawn 20 days ago - fyi


    thanks ronnie!!! for the sling shot training

  13. #93
    Ronnie Rowland's Avatar
    Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,153
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DS21 View Post
    Hi Ronnie,

    I just read your Slingshot article, and think I would like to give it a shot. A few thing about me: I'm 26 about 5'10", weight 230lb, sitting around 15%BF, been training seriously for about 8 years and have done 2 cycles. I was planning on starting my new cycle on the first of March and would like to try your workout system.

    My cycle will be:

    Wk 1-12 350mg prop/wk (I can go higher, but wanted to try it at a lower dose this time)
    Wk 1-10 500mg tren a/wk

    A few question I have is should I start the prime now? If so, I am a little confused on how to do it, exspecially the workout part. I believe you said to only do 4 sets per muscle group per week with only .75grms of protein per body weight? If this is correct, I figure I can start this asap and then start the blast at the begaining of march when I start my cycle.

    I will let you answer this question before I ask any more. Please feel free to add any info you think may help me with the prime.

    I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to post your article. I'm really looking forward to trying it.

    Thanks,

    I also pm you the same thing I just posted. I didn't know if you would rather answer it here just incase others had the same questions (this way you don't have to keep answering the same thing)
    You understood right! Decrease protein intake by half during prime and replace it with carb calories. If you need to lose weight reduce fat cals by 500 per day.

    4 high rep sets (12-15 reps) per body part once a week will suffice. Stop around 1 rep shy of failure during each work set. You can start the prime now or next week.

    NOTE: You can prime for 1 or 2 weeks depending on your individual needs!

  14. #94
    Ronnie Rowland's Avatar
    Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,153
    Blog Entries
    1

    Thumbs up Unreal!

    Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    before sling shot 185 2 reps behind the neck military press.... after sling shot (done yesterday,+*) 245 5 reps... that is 6 weeks in and 60 lbs for three more reps.

    +* = i started spawn 20 days ago - fyi


    thanks ronnie!!! for the sling shot training
    LOL..That's insane amcon!!!!!!!!!!!

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    149
    So is a 1-week-prime is enough if I feel fully recovered?

  16. #96
    DS21 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    You understood right! Decrease protein intake by half during prime and replace it with carb calories. If you need to lose weight reduce fat cals by 500 per day.

    4 high rep sets (12-15 reps) per body part once a week will suffice. Stop around 1 rep shy of failure during each work set. You can start the prime now or next week.

    NOTE: You can prime for 1 or 2 weeks depending on your individual needs!
    I will go ahead and drop my protein intake by half. I really don't eat any good or bad fat, so I figured by dropping the protein in half it will reduce my calories just over 500 cal per day. Since I do want to lean down some before starting the blast/my cycle, would I still want to up my carbs?

    I wanted to also ask about the workouts. For the priming phase, is it okay to do two sets of flat bench and two sets of incline for a chest workout?

    For back, two sets of pull ups, two sets of pull downs, two sets of rows and two sets of t-bar. (I believe you said something along the lines of working your back out for width and thickness?)
    If this is the correct way to workout your back, would I end up doing 24 sets for back on the blast portion?

    Legs, two sets of squats and two sets of leg press.

    Arms, four sets of my choice for bi's and tri's.

    Shoulders I'm a little confused on. You said traps can be considered their own muscle, so would the front, mid and rear delt be considered their own muscle? In other words, would I do four sets for each head during the prime and 12 during the blast?

    I'm sure I will have more questions along the way, I hope you don't mind?

    Thanks,

  17. #97
    Ronnie Rowland's Avatar
    Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,153
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by vascular vince View Post
    so is a 1-week-prime is enough if i feel fully recovered?

    yes!

  18. #98
    Ronnie Rowland's Avatar
    Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,153
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DS21 View Post
    I will go ahead and drop my protein intake by half. I really don't eat any good or bad fat, so I figured by dropping the protein in half it will reduce my calories just over 500 cal per day. Since I do want to lean down some before starting the blast/my cycle, would I still want to up my carbs? Yes cut calories by around 500...

    I wanted to also ask about the workouts. For the priming phase, is it okay to do two sets of flat bench and two sets of incline for a chest workout? Yes

    For back, two sets of pull ups, two sets of pull downs, two sets of rows and two sets of t-bar. (I believe you said something along the lines of working your back out for width and thickness?) YES
    If this is the correct way to workout your back, would I end up doing 24 sets for back on the blast portion? I would try a total of around 16-20 sets for total back workout and see how it goes.

    Legs, two sets of squats and two sets of leg press. Yes

    Arms, four sets of my choice for bi's and tri's.Yes

    Shoulders I'm a little confused on. You said traps can be considered their own muscle, so would the front, mid and rear delt be considered their own muscle? In other words, would I do four sets for each head during the prime and 12 during the blast? I would try using only 2 exercises for the traps. For example: seated dumbell shrugs and behind the back or to the front barbell shrugs.

    I'm sure I will have more questions along the way, I hope you don't mind? Not at all!
    Thanks,

    Above in bold...

  19. #99
    DS21 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    816
    I'm still don't understand the delts all that much. Do I workout each head for 4 sets during the prime?

    Example:

    Seated dumbell press 2 sets
    Behind the head military press 2 sets
    Up right rows 2 sets
    Side lateral raises 4 sets
    Reverse chest flys 2 sets

    If this is the case, it seems like a lot for a prime? I was thinking I would do the following for the two week prime:

    Mon- Chest:
    2 sets of Incline dumbell press 12-15 reps
    2 sets of Flat dumbell press 12-15 reps

    Tue- Back:
    2 sets of Pull downs 12-15 reps
    2 sets of Cable rows 12-15 reps
    2 sets of T-bar 12-15 reps

    Wed- Legs:
    2 sets of Leg press 12-15 reps
    2 sets of leg extensions 12-15 reps
    2 sets of leg curls 12-15 reps

    Thur- Shoulders (This one is the one I'm confused on)
    I was assuming I would follow the above workout?
    2 sets of seated dumbell shrugs 12-15 reps
    2 sets of behind the back shrugs 12-15 reps

    Fri- Arms
    4 sets of curls 12-15 re[s
    4 sets of tri push downs 12-15 reps
    2 sets of forearms 12-15 reps

    I would also do 30-45 min of cardio after each workout, keeping heart rate at 65-75%.

    If you could make any changes that you think may help.

    Thanks,

  20. #100
    Ronnie Rowland's Avatar
    Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,153
    Blog Entries
    1

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by DS21 View Post
    I'm still don't understand the delts all that much. Do I workout each head for 4 sets during the prime?

    Example:

    Seated dumbell press 2 sets
    Side lateral raises 2 sets
    Reverse chest flys 2 sets


    Note: I consider the rear head a separate muscle in this instance since presses work both the front and side heads of deltoid.

    If this is the case, it seems like a lot for a prime? I was thinking I would do the following for the two week prime:

    Mon- Chest:
    2 sets of Incline dumbell press 12-15 reps
    2 sets of Flat dumbell press 12-15 reps

    Tue- Back:
    2 sets of Pull downs 12-15 reps
    2 sets of Cable rows 12-15 reps
    2 sets of T-bar 12-15 reps

    Wed- Legs:
    2 sets of Leg press 12-15 reps
    2 sets of leg extensions 12-15 reps
    2 sets of leg curls 12-15 reps

    Thur- Shoulders (This one is the one I'm confused on)
    I was assuming I would follow the above workout?
    2 sets of seated dumbell shrugs 12-15 reps
    2 sets of behind the back shrugs 12-15 reps

    Fri- Arms
    4 sets of curls 12-15 re[s
    4 sets of tri push downs 12-15 reps
    2 sets of forearms 12-15 reps

    I would also do 30-45 min of cardio after each workout, keeping heart rate at 65-75%.

    If you could make any changes that you think may help.

    Thanks,
    Look at the red lettering above..
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 02-22-2009 at 03:09 PM.

  21. #101
    DS21 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    816
    I just started to prime today, and think I will do it for a week before starting the blast. I think I am going to do a 3 week reload and a 1 week deload. I will do it 3 times then start the prime.

    After reading through your system again, I think I understand your blast a little more. You are basicaly saying to do anywhere from 12-24 sets per muscle group per week, then lower it in half for the deload? An example for a week for me would look like this:

    Mon-Chest:
    2 set of warm ups- 15 reps
    1 set of pre set- 6 reps
    4-6 sets of Incline DB press 6-10 reps
    4-6 sets of Flat DB press 6-10 reps
    4-6 sets of Flys 8-12 reps

    Tue-Back:
    2 set of warm ups- 15 reps
    1 set of pre set- 6 reps
    4-6 sets of T-bar 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of Cable rows 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of Lat pulldowns 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of pull ups 6-8 reps

    Wed-Legs:
    2 set of warm ups- 15 reps
    1 set of pre set- 6 reps
    4-6 sets of leg press 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of hack squats 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of leg extensions 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of leg curls 6-8 reps
    6-8 sets of calves 6-10 reps

    Thur-Shoulders:
    2 set of warm ups- 15 reps
    1 set of pre set- 6 reps
    4-6 sets of Over head DB presses 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of up right rows 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of Side DB raises 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of Reverse Chest Flys 6-8 reps
    6-8 sets of shrugs 6-8 reps

    Fri-Arms:
    2 set of warm ups- 15 reps
    1 set of pre set- 6 reps
    4-6 sets of standing DB curls 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of reverse curls 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of tri push down 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of close grip bench press 6-8 reps
    6-8 sets of wrist curls 6-8 reps

    If I feel good do the higher sets (6), and if I feel tired do the lower sets (4) per exercise?

    During the deload, I would cut the sets to 2-3 per exercise, and up the reps to 10-12?

    I would also do cardio twice a week during the reload, three times a week during the deload and five times a week during the prime?

    If this is correct, I have to laugh at myself. The first time I read this It seemed so complicated. I just read it again, and realized it is just like the workout I do now, just with a much better rest system. The way I have been doing it is, 8 weeks of your reload, 8 weeks of your deload, 1 week off and then all over again. I think this system will help me not feel so tired all the time, and really hoping it helps with some more growth. Let me know if I left anything out, or need to change anything.

    Thanks again for all of your help!

  22. #102
    F4iGuy's Avatar
    F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,506
    If I'm doing 4 weeks blast, 2 weeks cruise, 1 week prime... When/how long do I lower protein and stop using creatine? Usually I'd take a break for the 2 week prime, but if I'm only doing a one week prime?

  23. #103
    Ronnie Rowland's Avatar
    Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,153
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ds21 View Post
    i just started to prime today, and think i will do it for a week before starting the blast. I think i am going to do a 3 week reload and a 1 week deload. I will do it 3 times then start the prime.

    After reading through your system again, i think i understand your blast a little more. You are basicaly saying to do anywhere from 12-24 sets per muscle group per week, then lower it in half for the deload? you can actually do 4 to 24 sets per week with slingshot training. Many (including myself) tend to excel with 8-12 work sets once per week during a reload. Yes reduce th evolume in half during a deload.an example for a week for me would look like this:

    Mon-chest:
    2 set of warm ups- 15 reps
    1 set of pre set- 6 reps
    4-6 sets of incline db press 6-10 reps
    4-6 sets of flat db press 6-10 reps
    4-6 sets of flys 8-12 reps

    tue-back:
    2 set of warm ups- 15 reps
    1 set of pre set- 6 reps
    4-6 sets of t-bar 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of cable rows 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of lat pulldowns 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of pull ups 6-8 reps

    wed-legs:
    2 set of warm ups- 15 reps
    1 set of pre set- 6 reps
    4-6 sets of leg press 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of hack squats 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of leg extensions 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of leg curls 6-8 reps
    6-8 sets of calves 6-10 reps

    thur-shoulders:
    2 set of warm ups- 15 reps
    1 set of pre set- 6 reps
    4-6 sets of over head db presses 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of up right rows 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of side db raises 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of reverse chest flys 6-8 reps
    6-8 sets of shrugs 6-8 reps

    fri-arms:
    2 set of warm ups- 15 reps
    1 set of pre set- 6 reps
    4-6 sets of standing db curls 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of reverse curls 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of tri push down 6-8 reps
    4-6 sets of close grip bench press 6-8 reps
    6-8 sets of wrist curls 6-8 reps

    the rep are too low for every exercise! They should be in the 6-12 rep-range with 8-10 being perfect. However, you can do a prep sets and one low rep set of 4-6 with the power-lifting movements only (chest press, over head shoulder press, deadlifts and squats. The other exercises do not require a prep sets.

    if i feel good do the higher sets (6), and if i feel tired do the lower sets (4) per exercise? You can but it's best to train in weekly cycles for the most part.

    During the deload, i would cut the sets to 2-3 per exercise, and up the reps to 10-12? reps remain the same during a deload. Only during a prime do they increase or when training a muscle twice a week-1 heavy and 1 light. i would also do cardio twice a week during the reload, three times a week during the deload and five times a week during the prime? fine

    if this is correct, i have to laugh at myself. The first time i read this it seemed so complicated. I just read it again, and realized it is just like the workout i do now, just with a much better rest system. The way i have been doing it is, 8 weeks of your reload, 8 weeks of your deload, 1 week off and then all over again. I think this system will help me not feel so tired all the time, and really hoping it helps with some more growth. absolutely let me know if i left anything out, or need to change anything.

    Thanks again for all of your help!
    above in bold!

  24. #104
    Ronnie Rowland's Avatar
    Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,153
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by F4iDom View Post
    If I'm doing 4 weeks blast, 2 weeks cruise, 1 week prime... When/how long do I lower protein and stop using creatine? Usually I'd take a break for the 2 week prime, but if I'm only doing a one week prime?
    You could drop the creatine during the last week of the blast if you chose to do a 1 week prime instead of 2.

  25. #105
    BGIZZLE8629's Avatar
    BGIZZLE8629 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Work,School,Gym
    Posts
    620
    I have a quick question for you sir...
    I will be going into wk5 of my 15wk Test E, EQ, A-dex, and HCG cycle and I am seriously looking into changing to the STS so I was wondering...
    What would you suggest I do as far as the stage to enter into of the STS, at this point in my cycle? I know that the gear will really start kicking in next week (if that makes any difference on your approach to my ?) so should i train in the BLAST stage of the STS or should I start at the beginning with PRIME or maybe just DELOAD from where I am now??
    Absolutely great article btw Ronnie I love it!
    Almost forgot stats: 6' 22yrs, 205lbs, (1) previous cycle of Test C (also done SD and Havoc) been lifting 4years -- Tried a lot of WO "programs"
    WSSB (decent strength gains), Lee Hayward 12wk (good variety/change), Max OT (decent strength mass -- terrible for joints, tend., ligs.), 5-day different body part ed w/wkends off, 2on1off2on2off "4-day bb" type split (which is what I am currently using) ect...... Just figured a little background info may be useful.
    Thanks for all of the help you can give me Ronnie!

  26. #106
    Ronnie Rowland's Avatar
    Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,153
    Blog Entries
    1

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by bgizzle8629 View Post
    i have a quick question for you sir...
    I will be going into wk5 of my 15wk test e, eq, a-dex, and hcg cycle and i am seriously looking into changing to the sts so i was wondering...
    What would you suggest i do as far as the stage to enter into of the sts, at this point in my cycle? start a blast and reload! i know that the gear will really start kicking in next week (if that makes any difference on your approach to my ?) so should i train in the blast stage yes! of the sts or should i start at the beginning with prime or maybe just deload from where i am now?? i would blast for another 2 weeks since gear is just kicking in and then deload!
    absolutely great article btw ronnie i love it! thank you!almost forgot stats: 6' 22yrs, 205lbs, (1) previous cycle of test c (also done sd and havoc) been lifting 4years -- tried a lot of wo "programs"
    wssb (decent strength gains), i agree! Lee hayward 12wk (good variety/change), max ot (decent strength mass -- terrible for joints, tend., ligs.) i agree!, 5-day different body part ed w/wkends off, 2on1off2on2off "4-day bb" type split (which is what i am currently using) ect...... Just figured a little background info may be useful. if you cannot gain weight reduce training days per week to 4!thanks for all of the help you can give me ronnie!
    above in bold!

  27. #107
    MuscleandBrawn is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2
    Ronnie, I sent you a message regarding the use of my wallpaper @ IPYU.

  28. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    149
    Hey Ronnie,,,,finished with Slingshot Training video yet??? Looking forward to watching it bro,,,

  29. #109
    hockeyguy's Avatar
    hockeyguy is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    US
    Posts
    462
    x2....

  30. #110
    BGIZZLE8629's Avatar
    BGIZZLE8629 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Work,School,Gym
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    above in bold!
    thank you for your prompt reply and advice ronnie... I will let you know how the STS works out for me! take it easy

  31. #111
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    149
    two quick question ronnie concerning slingshot diet phase.... 1} i get low blood sugar when i drop below 150 carbs each day...should i still go for 100 carbs on low days??? 2} how can i manage to suffer through ketosis which is 40 carbs or less each day when 100 carbs is a killer???

  32. #112
    Ronnie Rowland's Avatar
    Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,153
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    Hey Ronnie,,,,finished with Slingshot Training video yet??? Looking forward to watching it bro,,,
    I got the flu last week so I am behind on the video. So much going on right now it's unreal. It's going to take longer than expected but it should not be too long. Sorry for the delay.

  33. #113
    Ronnie Rowland's Avatar
    Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,153
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    two quick question ronnie concerning slingshot diet phase.... 1} i get low blood sugar when i drop below 150 carbs each day...should i still go for 100 carbs on low days??? 2} how can i manage to suffer through ketosis which is 40 carbs or less each day when 100 carbs is a killer???
    1) I rarely go below 150 carbs per day myself when carb cycling due to the same reason=crashing! Stay with 150 as opposed to 100. There's no value in carb cycling if you are fighting ketosis all day long. It will turn you against dieting! Let this happen at night while you sleep. This occurs by cuttting off carbs later in the day.

    2) The whole purpose of entering a state of ketosis is to stabilize blood sugar levels. Once the brain begins using ketones (produced from fats) for fuel instead of glycogen (produced from carbs) you will feel fine and stop craving carbs.

    Note: Too get really cut it's best to drop all carbs from the diet and replace them with dietary fats in the middle of an 8-16 week cutting phase. During a very long cutting phase you can go into ketosis for 8 weeks while alternating carb cycling. use an 8 weeks on/8 weeks off approach. This lowers insulin levels will help burn body fat. You must keep dietary fats high enough to prevent muscle loss and also keep protein high enough so muscle loss will not occur when fat intake gets low.
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 03-03-2009 at 08:06 AM.

  34. #114
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    1) I rarely go below 150 carbs per day myself when carb cycling due to the same reason=crashing! Stay with 150 as opposed to 100. There's no value in carb cycling if you are fighting ketosis all day long. It will turn you against dieting! Let this happen at night while you sleep. This occurs by cuttting off carbs later in the day.

    2) The whole purpose of entering a state of ketosis is to stabilize blood sugar levels. Once the brain begins using ketones (produced from fats) for fuel instead of glycogen (produced from carbs) you will feel fine and stop craving carbs.

    Note: Too get really cut it's best to drop all carbs from the diet and replace them with dietary fats in the middle of an 8-16 week cutting phase. During a very long cutting phase you can go into ketosis for 8 weeks while alternating carb cycling. use an 8 weeks on/8 weeks off approach. This lowers insulin levels will help burn body fat. You must keep dietary fats high enough to prevent muscle loss and also keep protein high enough so muscle loss will not occur when fat intake gets low.
    well shit!!! that would concur why i have struggled so with cutting in the past...i'l be damned i learned something ronnie...thanks to you!!!!

  35. #115
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    149
    a quick question concerning keto phase of your slingshot cutting diet.....if i begin to drop weight too fast should i bump up protein to 2 gram per pound of body weight...or increase my fat intake???

  36. #116
    Ronnie Rowland's Avatar
    Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,153
    Blog Entries
    1

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    a quick question concerning keto phase of your slingshot cutting diet.....if i begin to drop weight too fast should i bump up protein to 2 gram per pound of body weight...or increase my fat intake???
    Increase fats while leaving protein around 1.5 grams per lb of body weight. As a baseline I suggest 60-70% protein and 30-40 fats. Those with a faster metaboolic rate may need more than 40% of their diet composed of fats! The faster the metabolism the more fats you will require to prevent muscle loss. No one needs more than 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight in ketosis.

  37. #117
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    Increase fats while leaving protein around 1.5 grams per lb of body weight. As a baseline I suggest 60-70% protein and 30-40 fats. Those with a faster metaboolic rate may need more than 40% of their diet composed of fats! The faster the metabolism the more fats you will require to prevent muscle loss. No one needs more than 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight in ketosis.

    sweet....thanks brother...

  38. #118
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    149
    how many weeks is it best to reolad???

  39. #119
    Ronnie Rowland's Avatar
    Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,153
    Blog Entries
    1

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    how many weeks is it best to reolad???
    It varies amongst individuals. I do well with a 3-4 week reload followed by a 1 week deload. You may not!

  40. #120
    Ronnie Rowland's Avatar
    Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,153
    Blog Entries
    1

    Update on slingshot training video

    Well I have some bad news and some good news regarding the making of the Slingshot Training Video.

    First the bad news-My new camcorder has so many pixels that my DELL COMPUTER is unable to download it on u-tube. I will have to purchase a more advanced computer.

    Second the good news-One of my clients has offered to down load it for us once he gets his new mother board. It went out trying to down load the STS video.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •