B.E.N. is offline Member

Cannonball Shoulders w/ Shoulder Joint Issues

Shoulders are my problem area from both a muscle growth standpoint and joint issues. I've had to baby my shoulder joints since lifting. My father has had his shoulder scoped so I'm guessing I may be predisposed to those issues.

Question is how are others with shoulder issues putting mass onto their shoulders?

With all my other exercises I like to try going heavy (not max) but with my shoulder presses I shy away from heavy presses and won't took barbell press...strictly Dbells.

Upright Rows ironically don't seem to bother the joint much and is about the shoulder movement I go heavy on.

Let's hear it...I know others have shoulder issues and are still rounding those shoulder muscles out. Are you all uping the rep range and backing the weight down?

facile is offline Member
    I have had shoulder issues as most have. doc says I should have them scoped and ground down, but has never done it on someone my age, usually older. I train smart but heavy, it is my best feature.

Just a little more attention to warm up/stretching and strict form has all but alleviated my chronic pain. So no surgery 2 plus years since the last conversation with the doc about them.

So strict heavy works for me. My favorite exercise is standing military presses with barbell.

stpete is offline Banned
    I've got a problem with my left shoulder and i have no idea what happened. Just happened about 4 weeks ago, like i woke up one morning and it was hurting. Anyway, i can't touch a barbell either. I do a lot of warm ups, bent over with a 10lb in circular motions. Then i start with raises(which doesn't hurt at all), do 5 sets of 12-15. Then move to dumbell presses and go pretty heavy for 5 sets, 6-8 reps. Then i just burn em out on hammer machine(if it feels ok), 4 sets, drop setting the last.
    It's starting to get a little better, but i can move my arm and pop it whenever i want. Sucks.

Thread Information