RAILroad is offline Junior Member

separation between bi and tri

i have been training seriously for a bit over a year now. starting to really be where i would like to be. but i have not yet figured out what get the big striation between the bicep and the tricep? is there a lift or certain technique that can bring this out? any comments welcome.

Dinosaur is offline Member
    i think if you are having a problem building em than u might want to make separate day for arms only. that's what i am doing right now i feel much better as far as the pumps and size.
    also try to go slow and extract the muscle when you are about to go to failure.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    There is one movement guaranteed to show the striation you are looking for. Its called cardio and diet. (Guess thats two). Train all you want, do all and every exercise people tell you to do but the only way to see what you want to see is by lowering your bodyfat.

Dinosaur is offline Member
    ^^^ i think he was mainly concerned about how to bring the bi's and tri's up.
    so the question is what r the excercies he could do so he can try 'em?

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charrif View Post
    ^^^ i think he was mainly concerned about how to bring the bi's and tri's up.
    so the question is what r the excercies he could do so he can try 'em?
    He should experiment, but stick to the basics.

Biceps - heavy barbell curls, preacher curls, hammer curls, alternate dumbbell curls - all great exercises (not that you need to do all in one workout)

Triceps - weighted dips, weighted bench dips, lying tricep extensions (skullcrushers), cable pressdown (experiment with different attachments), close-grip bench (if your body responds well to them, a lot of people don't get a pump).

These are all great exercises (great in that they have been effective for majority of people who train), they will tear down muscle...you have to eat big, sleep big, the whole deal, and they will grow. As for striations, as mentioned, diet and cardio

Batroc is offline New Member
    Do you guys do biceps and triceps on the same day? I've done it both ways, but looking for some tips...

Thread Information