Thread: Bad Workout

TheJuicer is offline Member

Bad Workout

Last week was one of the best weeks I've had in awhile. Pumps were amazing and strenth was up. So anyway. Last week I decided I felt amazing so I did some rest pauses. I did 3-4 set of Flat Bench with my last set being 275lb. did it for a very strict form 6. Racked it...waited 10-15 sec. and did two more. Then I moved on to incline 1 set of 135 for 10, 1 set of 185 for 8 then 205 for 5 racked it and 10-15 sec and 1 more rep. Did In. Fly 1 set of 40 for 10 then 70lbs. for 5-7 reps. Last I did 2 sets of cross-overs. Pump was amazing and I felt I could go on but knew if I did 7 days wouldnt be enough to recover. Next day my chest wasn't too bad. Front delt seemed hammered though. Anyway, today I went to the gym with high hope of not repeating last week because I know that if I do rest pauses everyweek i would never be 100%. I started with 135lb. for 10, 185 for 8, 225 for 8 (which seemed heavy in my hands). My right shoulder was buggin' me a bit too. So I said screw it and though on 275lb. I thought well maybe I can get 6 like last week. Well no way...I hit it for 3 and that was it. I racked it and took off the 25 plates and hit that for 8. Then I went over to the incline. Hit 135 for 10, then I knew I was weak so I just put on 185, 6 reps was all I could get. WTF. So anyway I said piss on it and hit the Mach. Flat Press and Dec. for a couple sets along with a 3 cross-overs and called it a day. Could it be that I wasnt recovered from last week?? I wasnt sore but maybe my muscles werent 100%. I eat every 2 hours. Most of my protein comes from real food. Does this happen to everyone. I'd say this happens to me every 3 months or so. Next week I'm switchin' back to DB since its been 8 weeks on pretty much the same workout. Although I was doing inclines first. To me it almost felt like when I used to be on juice and came off a cycle. You know, you kind of feel like a little girl!!
    Last edited by TheJuicer; 01-12-2009 at 04:22 PM.

Thread Information