TTTT is offline Junior Member

Question what are compound movements?

What are compound movements and half reps, I don't mean to sound dense, it's just I have never set foot in a gym, I have always worked out on my own equiptment, so I'm not familiar with these terms, could someone please explain these two things to me, and please, no flames......
    peace.
    TTTT

F'nJact is offline Junior Member
    Compound movements are lifts that use more then one joint---for example, bench press, military press, squats, deadlifts, ect. are compound movements. ussualy compound movements are performed first in a workout.

half reps are exactly what theyre called...''half reps''; performing only one half of the movement. theyre ussualy used to add intensity to a workout when u can no longer perform a full repetition.

ok, I see, thank you very much for you help F'njact, I will use the half reps to make my workouts more intense, which I could use a little of. One more thing while we are at it, how do you properly execute a dead lift, the correct form?

drock8 is offline New Member
    there is two styles , sumo, and feet close together. sumo is legs spread and bent at the waist grapping the bar b/w ur legs, close together is just that, feet close together and hands grap the bar outside the legs. most powerlifters go sumo, but use what makes u comfortable. when pulling up, the easiest way to explain it is to make sure ur back and legs lock out at the same time. bend at the waist, try to keep ur back straight, look up, and explode up, the bar should go right up ur calves and again lock ur back and knees at the same time, hope it helps..

yes, that helps a great deal, when back day comes around I will use this method, thanks guys for all your info.
    TTTT

Thread Information